Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Reddit

The simple answer is yes. There are probably loads of clone scripts out there although not sure if they will be free. You could also develop your own but not sure how much coding knowledge you have

The simple answer is yes. There are probably loads of clone scripts out there although not sure if they will be free. You could also develop your own but not sure how much coding knowledge you have
I'd rather use a clone script. Much easier for me.

Yeah, true. What would your budget be for one? I can have a look to try and find you a good Reddit script. There might be some free ones as well although probably not as good and not great looking either.
Free ones would be nice.

Yes with JS/HTML frontend & Node.js / Database backend or JS/HTML frontend & PHP/Database backend
You can find an existing clone or try building one yourself. it's not hard to make a SIMPLE reddit clone.

Although it's possible to create a Site that acts similar to Reddit, probably nobody is going to move to it. A lot of People will consider it a Clone of Reddit and thus' it will be attacked, ignored or compared to Reddit itself.

Reddit is quite a big Site with a large User-Base so it's best that you do not take on a Site as big as Reddit. Also knowing you and your use of free Scripts, it won't be a success.

I suggest that you create a Site that isn't as big as Reddit and one that is original.

Yeah, I agree that there is nothing wrong with having a clone script but sometimes we have to be realistic. The chances of ever creating a clone of such a site and being successful is so small, it's not really worth it unless you're going for a smaller and more niche related clone.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with using a Clone-Script. As long as you make your own Modifications to it then you're good(I guess so anyway). But your Site will be ridiculed for being a Clone.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom