Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

return Mathematical;

Mathematical

Silver Coder
Hey there.

I'm @Mathematical. Before in CF, I went under several usernames, including Daniel, William, Crow-404, and a couple of others. But those are more than likely the ones you remember. I've decided to return to CF, mainly because I've missed the community, and the fact that the site looks dead, and I want to help bring it back up on it's legs to get going again.

I'm not going to bother going into details as to why I keep on deleting my accounts. Except for one thing and it's that just know, it's a habit that I have.

Either way, enough of that. Let me give you some details about myself, so you get to know me better.

First of all, I'm a person who's into all things science. Maths, computing, physics, you name it. These are all things that I enjoy. Of course, I do enjoy things that aren't science-related.

Here on CF, you'll mainly find me involved in discussions relating to C, Java, Lua, GNU/Linux, projects, and privacy/security. You may also find me in other sections, but these are the places that you'll most commonly find me. I'll also be heavily involved with site-discussions and discussions relating to free-software(Also known as "Open-Source" or "FOSS") too.

As I said, I'm looking to help revive activity here on this site, as it looks pretty dead to me, to be honest. Of course, I'm also looking to get involved in some projects too. If you're looking for somebody to help with either programming or documentation, please don't be afraid to contact me about it.

See you around then.

Welcome back to Code Forum!

Glad to have you back. Have you learned anything new since you've been gone?

Master Yoda said:
Welcome back to Code Forum!

Glad to have you back. Have you learned anything new since you've been gone?
Thank you.

But as for what I've learned, I've learned quite a bit. I actually understand the concepts regarding classes, objects, methods, and constructors in OOP, since I've been learning Java quite a bit recently. C, I haven't been doing much learning on but I have got a schedule that I follow and C is on for me tomorrow. Will more than likely just be quickly brushing up on functions and that, then move onto pointers.

I have also learned quite a few other things aside from programming, such as a little bit about birds(I'm a lover of birds), continuously brushing up on my maths, and I'm always looking for ways to better protect my privacy and security. I'm also looking to get back into learning German again. I haven't done that in a while.

Thank you.

But as for what I've learned, I've learned quite a bit. I actually understand the concepts regarding classes, objects, methods, and constructors in OOP, since I've been learning Java quite a bit recently. C, I haven't been doing much learning on but I have got a schedule that I follow and C is on for me tomorrow. Will more than likely just be quickly brushing up on functions and that, then move onto pointers.

I have also learned quite a few other things aside from programming, such as a little bit about birds(I'm a lover of birds), continuously brushing up on my maths, and I'm always looking for ways to better protect my privacy and security. I'm also looking to get back into learning German again. I haven't done that in a while.
That’s really good to hear! Anything that is still challenging you?

what type of birds are you interested in? Seems like you have a busy schedule!

Master Yoda said:
That’s really good to hear! Anything that is still challenging you?
No, not really. Aside from static variables and methods. I'm still struggling a bit to get my head around them but I'm sure I will soon. In the meantime, I'll do what I do best and that is research.

Master Yoda said:
what type of birds are you interested in?
I generally love all kinds of birds. I never seemed to have an interest in them before but it was around November or December of last year that I developed an interest in them and thus' picked up a book. One of my older usernames, Crow-404, was created due to my love of the family of Corvidae - The family of Crows(So that's your Raven, Carrion Crow, Magpie, and Jackdaw). I don't know why but I seem to have a strong love of Crows. Maybe it's due to their iconic call-sounds, and them being associated with things like death(I love anything that's dark and scary. Creepypasta, anyone?)

Master Yoda said:
Seems like you have a busy schedule!
Yeah, I love keeping myself busy or else I get bored and upset. Especially with what's going on in the world at the moment. Learning is also one thing that I love doing. I love getting my hands on anything that I can learn from and if it interests me, I don't put it down, but rather I keep learning it.

Aside from learning, I also do other things in-between my schedule. Listening to music, reading the news, reading what others have posted on here and other forums, researching things like privacy, looking into Internet mysteries, visiting the pasts of different pieces of software, and playing video-games.

No, not really. Aside from static variables and methods. I'm still struggling a bit to get my head around them but I'm sure I will soon. In the meantime, I'll do what I do best and that is research.
Isn't static variables just predefined variables? Let's hope CF can help you out :D

I generally love all kinds of birds. I never seemed to have an interest in them before but it was around November or December of last year that I developed an interest in them and thus' picked up a book. One of my older usernames, Crow-404, was created due to my love of the family of Corvidae - The family of Crows(So that's your Raven, Carrion Crow, Magpie, and Jackdaw). I don't know why but I seem to have a strong love of Crows. Maybe it's due to their iconic call-sounds, and them being associated with things like death(I love anything that's dark and scary. Creepypasta, anyone?)
Very interesting! That really explains your previous user name :D

Yeah, I love keeping myself busy or else I get bored and upset. Especially with what's going on in the world at the moment. Learning is also one thing that I love doing. I love getting my hands on anything that I can learn from and if it interests me, I don't put it down, but rather I keep learning it.

Aside from learning, I also do other things in-between my schedule. Listening to music, reading the news, reading what others have posted on here and other forums, researching things like privacy, looking into Internet mysteries, visiting the pasts of different pieces of software, and playing video-games.
Definitely tough times, most of my city isn't working. However, I'm still working due to my work being an essential service. Learning is nice, I'm starting to get more into it.

Have you created anything since your last visit at CF?

Master Yoda said:
Isn't static variables just predefined variables? Let's hope CF can help you out :D
I'm hoping that too.

Master Yoda said:
Very interesting! That really explains your previous user name.
Yeah, it does. All of my usernames come out of either aliases that I've made to preserve my online-identity or are created by being based on things that I like or enjoy or show interest in.

Master Yoda said:
Have you created anything since your last visit at CF?
I was working on a text-adventure, sandbox, survival-game in Java a few days ago. I scrapped it but I'm looking to re-write it again with a much better codebase than what it previously had.

I'm hoping that too.
It will, even if coders and CF don't know it we will learn with you! :)
Yeah, it does. All of my usernames come out of either aliases that I've made to preserve my online-identity or are created by being based on things that I like or enjoy or show interest in.
Interesting. :p
I was working on a text-adventure, sandbox, survival-game in Java a few days ago. I scrapped it but I'm looking to re-write it again with a much better codebase than what it previously had.
Why did you scrap it? Just because of code base?

Master Yoda said:
Why did you scrap it? Just because of code base?
Yeah, pretty much. Also simply because I just felt like a fresh start would be better. One of the features was a day-cycle, which is found in many survival games. Survive one day, go to the next day. Although, the thing is, the day would actually move on to the next day when you slept. But, there was something with the code that was stopping it from continuing and thus' you were always on day one. I felt that if I scrapped the codebase and re-wrote it, I could potentially end-up magically fixing the issues with the previous codebase.

I might actually start re-writing it right now. Once I've got some progress down, I'll think about creating a GitHub for it, so others can learn from my code, and even possibly contribute.

Master Yoda said:
It will, even if coders and CF don't know it we will learn with you!
*Starts singing Spongebob FUN song*

Yeah, pretty much. Also simply because I just felt like a fresh start would be better. One of the features was a day-cycle, which is found in many survival games. Survive one day, go to the next day. Although, the thing is, the day would actually move on to the next day when you slept. But, there was something with the code that was stopping it from continuing and thus' you were always on day one. I felt that if I scrapped the codebase and re-wrote it, I could potentially end-up magically fixing the issues with the previous codebase.
My suggestion to you and others is not to just restart from scratch. See to it that you finish it and then recreate it using new methods. It will help you learn and give you an idea of where you started to where you are now. But of course, just a suggestion :)

*Starts singing Spongebob FUN song*
:D

Master Yoda said:
My suggestion to you and others is not to just restart from scratch. See to it that you finish it and then recreate it using new methods. It will help you learn and give you an idea of where you started to where you are now. But of course, just a suggestion :)
Well, I can generally see why. One moment, you're writing functional code that does have a couple of issues and them boom. You decide to waste it all and restart from scratch. I don't like the feeling of restarting something but at the same time, I also do as it gives me a chance to better perfect the codebase.

Well, I can generally see why. One moment, you're writing functional code that does have a couple of issues and them boom. You decide to waste it all and restart from scratch. I don't like the feeling of restarting something but at the same time, I also do as it gives me a chance to better perfect the codebase.
True true, I hope you do learn from it though! :)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom