Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Strange Formatting and "non-functioning code"

Liam Ferguson

Active Coder
All the rest of my website works, but when I load up this particular page, a grey background appears and the heading is not centred. here is an image:

Screenshot (43).png And here is the code:

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">
    <style>
    body {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
    .navbar {
    width: 100%;
    background-color: #555;
    overflow: auto;
    }
    .navbar a {
    float: left;
    padding: 12px;
    color: white;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 17px;
    }
    .navbar a:hover {
    background-color: #000;
    }
    .active {
    background-color: #4CAF50;
    }
    @media screen and (max-width: 500px) {
    .navbar a {
    float: none;
    display: block;
    }
    }
    </style>
    <body>
        <div class="navbar">
            <a href="HTML website code.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-home"></i> Home</a>
            <a href="File 2.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-power-off"></i>Introduction</a>
            <a href="Setting up the site.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-upload"></i> Setting up</a>
            <a href="The Basic commands.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-file"></i>The Basic commands</a>
            <a href="How to make an image background.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-image"></i>Image Background</a>
            <a class="active" href="Better text.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-sliders"></i>Better Text</a>
            <a href="Faster coding.html"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-line-chart"></i>Faster Coding</a>
            <a href="Big improvements.html"><i class="fa da-fw fa-diamond"></i>Big improvements</a>
        </div>
    </body>
    <head>

<title>Better Text</title>
        <style>
        body {
        background-image: url('https://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/82/19/fcm2Gy.jpg');
        background-size: 100% 100%;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-attachment: fixed;
        background-size: cover;
        text-align: center;
        color: white;
        {
        </style>
    </head>
    <style>
            h1{
            border: 8px double white;
        }
            h2{
        border: 2px dashed white;
        </style>
<body>
    <span style='font-family: cursive;'></span><span style='font-size: 200%'><h2><center>Better Text</center></h2></span>
</body>
<p>
    <span style='font-family: cursive;'></span><span style='font-size: 250%'><p><center>You have made some serious progress in terms of your html career but there is always room to improve! One of the most important parts of a website is the text, so it comes naturaly that you make it look amazing to fit its importance. Today, I will be teaching you 2 ways of making your text better, and when used in conjuntion with each-other can create an amazing paragraph!<br>The first step is to change the font. To do this, you must do &ltspan style="font-family (choose font)"&gt&lt/span&gt.<br> The last thing I am going to teach you about fancy text today is how to change font size. To do this, you have to do &ltspan style='font-size: 150%'&gt&lt/span&gt. Together with all of the other text fetures, this is what it looks like: &ltp&gt, new line, &ltspan style='font-family: cursive;'&gt&lt/span&gt&ltspan style='font-size: 150%'&gt&ltp&gt&ltcenter&gt enter text here &lt/center&gt&ltp&gt&lt/span&gt, new line &lt/p&gt.Check the code below if it's not working:</center></p></span>
</p>

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom