Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented SUGGESTION: "Need Help" listing page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Platinum Coder
I want to suggest two things...
For one, there should be 'Suggestion', 'Feedback', and other prefixes added to the community hub.
I had to choose 'no prefix' for this thread.

---
Now, on to my main suggestion! :)
I think there should be a link in the header of the site that goes to a listing page dedicated to 'need help' posts.
This would filter search results to show all threads that have the 'need help' prefix. I think this page should order them by date and/or 0 replies. For example, a post made yesterday or today with 0 posts would show up first, but a thread from a year ago with 0 posts probably shouldn't show up. Similarly, a need help thread created today with 10 replies should probably not show up before a need help thread made today with 0 replies.

That might be too tricky, so let's stick to the main suggestion & why I think it's a good idea.
A page only showing 'need help' prefix threads allows people who want to help to quickly find threads across the many forum sections. We can review the list whenever we want & step in to help people, without having to navigate to each forum to find need help threads, or look at the new posts to find them.

This may encourage members to actively look for people needing help & answer their questions quicker than usual ! :)

Thank you for the suggestion!

For one, there should be 'Suggestion', 'Feedback', and other prefixes added to the community hub.
I had to choose 'no prefix' for this thread.
I’ll definitely add this, I think this would definitely help distinguish between feedback and suggestions threads.

Now, on to my main suggestion! :)
I think there should be a link in the header of the site that goes to a listing page dedicated to 'need help' posts.
This would filter search results to show all threads that have the 'need help' prefix. I think this page should order them by date and/or 0 replies. For example, a post made yesterday or today with 0 posts would show up first, but a thread from a year ago with 0 posts probably shouldn't show up. Similarly, a need help thread created today with 10 replies should probably not show up before a need help thread made today with 0 replies.
I agree! CodeForum is about learning, and to learn you need to ask questions so it would only make sense to have ‘Need help’ threads be more noticeable. I’ll work on implementing shortly :)

We could have it setup so it displays most recent created threads therefore if a thread has 30 replies, it will not go over new threads with 0 replies.

I’ll mark this thread as in progress until you’re satisfied :)

I've made some changes, and you can view these changes by clicking the 'Questions and Answers' tab. Could you tell me what you think of it and how I can improve it?

I'm working on a filter to separate New and unanswered threads.

Hey no problem! It makes it much easier to answer help questions like you were mentioning. Perhaps I could look into a point system for highest best answers etc.

This is now implemented. Thread locked and moved to Solved.

(Changes will be made in the near future).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom