Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

THE PROGRAM IS NOT RUNNING

sxy

New Coder
C:
#include <stdio.h>

int multiplication(int a,int b)
{
    int c;
    c=a*b;
    return c;
}

void main(void)
{
    int r;
    r = multiplication(2,8);
    printf(“%d”,r);
}

I should get 16
but it is not runing.
why?
thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what you get for copying and pasting code from random websites. I've been bitten by it several times. Depending on the font, it can be very hard to spot visually. Then again, the compiler (at least the Windows compiler) is very explicit what the problem is

Code:
C:\Users\Chris>cl t.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.33.31629 for x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

t.c
t.c(14): error C3873: '0x201c': this character is not allowed as a first character of an identifier
t.c(14): error C2065: '“': undeclared identifier
t.c(14): error C3872: '0x201d': this character is not allowed in an identifier
t.c(14): error C2065: 'd”': undeclared identifier
t.c(14): warning C4047: 'function': 'const char *const ' differs in levels of indirection from 'int'
t.c(14): warning C4024: 'printf': different types for formal and actual parameter 1

so I do wonder why the question had to be posted in the first place.…

Back
Top Bottom