tomliv
Gold Coder
Hello,
I come across this frequently, and am wondering how others would solve for this.
I get designs that appear to need 2 different structures between breakpoints. I can think of one way to solve this but is there another, better way.

I realize this is exceedingly simplified, but picture on mobile A=A couple paragraphs, B=A long form (8-10 fields) and C=A call to action or other brief info.
On desktop, C is flush to the bottom of the form that is in the right column - and that's the tricky issue here. Initially I am thinking, 'oh, floats, go old-school on it' but then I see that C is flush to the bottom of B on desktop - and it's all responsive, so the column depths are going to change at different viewport widths due to copy wrapping and getting deeper.
The next option that comes to mind is duplicating C (using show/hide methods) and having 2 structures - using flex on desktop for the flush bottom needs - but duping content feels icky to me.
What are your thoughts? Am I missing something obvious? I tend to do that...
I come across this frequently, and am wondering how others would solve for this.
I get designs that appear to need 2 different structures between breakpoints. I can think of one way to solve this but is there another, better way.

I realize this is exceedingly simplified, but picture on mobile A=A couple paragraphs, B=A long form (8-10 fields) and C=A call to action or other brief info.
On desktop, C is flush to the bottom of the form that is in the right column - and that's the tricky issue here. Initially I am thinking, 'oh, floats, go old-school on it' but then I see that C is flush to the bottom of B on desktop - and it's all responsive, so the column depths are going to change at different viewport widths due to copy wrapping and getting deeper.
The next option that comes to mind is duplicating C (using show/hide methods) and having 2 structures - using flex on desktop for the flush bottom needs - but duping content feels icky to me.
What are your thoughts? Am I missing something obvious? I tend to do that...