Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This is why I don't recommend using a VPN or SSL all the time.

The paragraph was generated by bard chat bot and includes the reasons that I agree with.

VPNs and SSL connections hinder the CIA and NSA in a number of ways:
  • VPNs encrypt traffic. VPNs encrypt traffic between your device and the VPN server. This makes it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to see what websites you are visiting, what files you are downloading, and who you are communicating with.
  • VPNs hide your IP address. VPNs hide your IP address, which is a unique identifier that can be used to track your online activity. This makes it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to track you down.
  • SSL connections encrypt traffic between your browser and a website. SSL connections encrypt traffic between your browser and a website, making it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to see what data you are sending and receiving.
  • SSL connections use certificates that are verified by trusted authorities. SSL connections use certificates that are verified by trusted authorities, which makes it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to create fake SSL certificates and impersonate websites.
Here are some specific examples of how VPNs and SSL connections have hindered the CIA and NSA:
  • In 2013, the CIA was caught developing a malware tool called "GHOSTNET" that could be used to infect and control Windows computers. GHOSTNET was used to steal data from a wide range of targets, including governments, businesses, and individuals. One of the things that GHOSTNET could do was to disable VPNs and SSL connections.
  • In 2017, the NSA was caught exploiting a vulnerability in the popular VPN software OpenVPN. This vulnerability allowed the NSA to decrypt and intercept VPN traffic. However, the NSA was only able to exploit this vulnerability because it had access to the VPN server. If the VPN server had been secured with SSL, it would have been much more difficult for the NSA to exploit this vulnerability.
  • In 2021, the Chinese government passed a law that banned the use of all VPNs except for those that are government-approved. This law was passed in an effort to crack down on dissent and control the flow of information online. However, many people in China continue to use VPNs to circumvent government censorship.
Overall, VPNs and SSL connections make it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to track and monitor online activity. This is why they have tried to undermine VPNs and SSL connections in various ways.

The paragraph was generated by bard chat bot and includes the reasons that I agree with.

VPNs and SSL connections hinder the CIA and NSA in a number of ways:
  • VPNs encrypt traffic. VPNs encrypt traffic between your device and the VPN server. This makes it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to see what websites you are visiting, what files you are downloading, and who you are communicating with.
  • VPNs hide your IP address. VPNs hide your IP address, which is a unique identifier that can be used to track your online activity. This makes it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to track you down.
  • SSL connections encrypt traffic between your browser and a website. SSL connections encrypt traffic between your browser and a website, making it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to see what data you are sending and receiving.
  • SSL connections use certificates that are verified by trusted authorities. SSL connections use certificates that are verified by trusted authorities, which makes it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to create fake SSL certificates and impersonate websites.
Here are some specific examples of how VPNs and SSL connections have hindered the CIA and NSA:
  • In 2013, the CIA was caught developing a malware tool called "GHOSTNET" that could be used to infect and control Windows computers. GHOSTNET was used to steal data from a wide range of targets, including governments, businesses, and individuals. One of the things that GHOSTNET could do was to disable VPNs and SSL connections.
  • In 2017, the NSA was caught exploiting a vulnerability in the popular VPN software OpenVPN. This vulnerability allowed the NSA to decrypt and intercept VPN traffic. However, the NSA was only able to exploit this vulnerability because it had access to the VPN server. If the VPN server had been secured with SSL, it would have been much more difficult for the NSA to exploit this vulnerability.
  • In 2021, the Chinese government passed a law that banned the use of all VPNs except for those that are government-approved. This law was passed in an effort to crack down on dissent and control the flow of information online. However, many people in China continue to use VPNs to circumvent government censorship.
Overall, VPNs and SSL connections make it much more difficult for the CIA and NSA to track and monitor online activity. This is why they have tried to undermine VPNs and SSL connections in various ways.
So... which one is it? Do you or don't you recommend vpns? Your title says one thing, but the evidence you provide says another. Please clarify

I think the point of this is to realize that you can either trust the effects of having a VPN or SSL with the people that run that or you can trust the professionals in these agencies. And in order for them to operate more effectively, I recommend not using a VPN or SSL all the time. I understand what you're saying though.

I think the point of this is to realize that you can either trust the effects of having a VPN or SSL with the people that run that or you can trust the professionals in these agencies. And in order for them to operate more effectively, I recommend not using a VPN or SSL all the time. I understand what you're saying though.
Then please make your arguments against using vpns all the time a bit mre clearly. Rather than just listing all the benefits, how about you talk about why they are also a weakness

Sir and or madam. I did not intend to write a book on this. I included this information for thought in a forum. You can include your opinion. Is this difficult to understand?

@ResponsibleEth2, your thread is unclear on what you're aiming at, as @Antero360 stated. You have indicated in your title that you don't recommend it, but in your thread, you shared what could be seen as benefits.

When posting a thread, it should be clear and concise. Although you later posted your opinion, that should have been made in the line so it continues the flow of the conversation.

And please note the tone of your reply sounded a bit rude.

Back
Top Bottom