Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

techsol

Coder
Hi, I have changed the theme on my live WordPress website but it's not showing in search results. The last theme is changed on my admin page but does not appear when searching on google. Is there any problem with its coding/ designing? Can anyone guide me? I have talked to hosting but it does not resolve.

Hi, I have changed the theme on my live WordPress website but it's not showing in search results. The last theme is changed on my admin page but does not appear when searching on google.
Hold on...you've changed the theme on your WP site(which is live) but the site itself is not showing in search results? I'm a bit confused because of the way that sentence is worded. Do you mean to say that just the website itself is not showing up in results or is the site showing up on results, but visitors don't get the new theme when it loads?

But its already about 15 days
I highly doubt it's a problem with the web crawler if it's got nothing to do with the results and more of a technical problem on your end. Web crawlers constantly crawl to grab information and grab new sites to add to results.

I don't use WP but is there any error messages or that which we may be able to work with?

Hold on...you've changed the theme on your WP site(which is live) but the site itself is not showing in search results? I'm a bit confused because of the way that sentence is worded. Do you mean to say that just the website itself is not showing up in results or is the site showing up on results, but visitors don't get the new theme when it loads?

I highly doubt it's a problem with the web crawler if it's got nothing to do with the results and more of a technical problem on your end. Web crawlers constantly crawl to grab information and grab new sites to add to results.

I don't use WP but is there any error messages or that which we may be able to work with?
I mean visitors don't get the new theme on website

I mean visitors don't get the new theme on website
Right, but are there any error messages for us to work with? Have you checked that the theme has been applied to the site?

It'd be handy to know any messages you may have or any solutions you've tried so that we can get a better idea of how to help.

Right, but are there any error messages for us to work with? Have you checked that the theme has been applied to the site?

It'd be handy to know any messages you may have or any solutions you've tried so that we can get a better idea of how to help.
There is no error message. sometimes new theme show in search results but then it again disappears.

I will throw my 2 cents into this as I have dealt with it many times :D

So when you visit a site, your browser AND router store a copy, Idea is it loads quicker. - Try incognito
Also sometimes WordPress plugins like Jetpack store a copy of your site so it loads quick - Turn off / Purge the cache to solve this issue
Lastly, Cloudflare does the same - Purge the cache to solve this issue

From what you are describing is a cache issue.

Thanks for this advice, I checked it on two different computers, and I tend to believe there is a cache problem involved. But I was surprised to read that the problem persisted for 15 days. Could it last even longer? I work on WordPress and Magento, but unexplained bugs appear more often in WordPress. My experiment involving magento website maintenance services showed that delegating management of the technical side of website maintenance is much more pleasant than doing it all myself :) But I leave WordPress under my management out of principle.

Last edited:

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom