Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What IDE do you use for development?

Not really. I find PHPStorm quite clunky (for as much as I love it) so it never really inspired me to check out WebStorm.:x3:
May I ask what you find clunky about it? Because I don't like how you can't cycle between different projects on the left side.

As I stated on older accounts, I use EMACS. Still use it and I have no intention of dropping it. Vi/Vim is too clunky for my tastes. I don't plan on using VS Code or Notepad++, as I prefer to do all of my work in a terminal(Unless I don't know how to do something in the terminal, in that case I stick to the GUI until I learn how to do the same task in the terminal). Although, I have used Code and Notepad++ in the past and they were good in my opinion. But again, I prefer to do my work in the terminal.

Regarding IDEs, I only use Eclipse and that is for Java programming only. I don't write Java in a text-editor but rather do it in Eclipse. Plus, Java really wasn't designed to be used with text-editors. I have tried IntelliJ in the past but I can never seem to like it, plus, I find it much harder to use over Eclipse. But perhaps that's just because I haven't sunk the time and resources into adapting to the IDE. Either way, I much prefer Eclipse and don't plan on switching away from it anytime soon.

I have also used Code::Blocks in the past, back when I was still using W10. Although ever since I left Windows, I've stopped using it since. The same is with Visual Studio(Just the original VS, not VS Code). I used to use both VS and Code::Blocks when on Windows for when I was beginning to learn C. Once I made the switch over to GNU/Linux, VS wasn't available, and I forgot about the existence of Code::Blocks. I did try getting back into using it a couple of months ago but I just immediately deleted it straight afterwards because I couldn't be bothered setting everything up. Plus, I don't need an IDE to compile my C code for me as my system has GCC installed.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom