Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What should I learn next

Hello everyone! I just got into coding. I have a few question to ask before I continue my code journey.

1.- After Html and Css, what should I try to learn next?

2.- I'm coding locally on my pc but I was thinking of coding live (Buy a domain and host). Is this recommended? Can I do this? If not, why not?

3.- Part of my time I'm on my mobile aswell, what application would you recommend for coding?

For starting out i would say Python as it is a strict language and has a nice basic syntax for you to learn, a lot normally go into PHP i would say now its better the old days was a lot of spaghetti code, but since OOP (Object Oriented Programming) things are a little better but you will need to learn a lot more syntax to become comfortable.

If you are more front end than backend then i would say invest time in learning either Java, React or AngularJS

It all comes to what you aim to build and what it will be used for

PHP mainly web
Python software and web
Java software and web - java can also be used for mobile programming too

mobile programming i am unsure what software you could use to code via a mobile if thats what you are reffering to as most use systems such as a PC with either windows, linux or macOS

I use myself PHPStorm and Pycharm, Clion, Webstorm, Datagrip, Rider ( yes these are all jetbrains and do cost) - these are more IDEs

Open Source Editors -
VSCode
Atom
Sublime

These are a few popular free and open source but i would say these are more editors than IDE

Wow very nice answer Alan thank you very much!

I'm more into web development. My long term goal is making a blog and forum software from scratch but for now I'm thinking of opening up a blog using wordpress and phpbb (maybe) and I would love to be able to build extensions and create my own styles.

What do you suggest?

Them platforms are good to load and install to learn from and see how the code works ( the logic behind it all ) to build the extensions or themes may require a little bit more to learn but once you have the basics of php, html, css, js etc you will be on the road to perfect creativeness.

Welcome to the forum :D

1. A fellow web dev, if your looking at forums and wordpress for example a good place to start is PHP, thats a great lanuage and Wordpress uses it alot. Another one to look into would be Ajax (I havent yet *Naughty me* :D ) Ajax basicly loads PHP without having to refresh the page quite handy to have and i really must learn it :D .

2. Of course you can but it depends on the cost, for example i have a server with ubuntu on. its nice because i can do alot more although its a learning curve where as you could get a host from a free web hosting service but then you are limited to a control panel. also might be a idea to get a rasberry PI and set that up as a server, wont cost you a penny other then some electric and gets you used to ubuntu server :D or better yet duel boot your laptop/PC with ubuntu and use the terminal as much as possible they are both the same :D.

3. now this depends if you mean websites on your phone, look into boot strap this makes everything mobile and trust me when i say it will half your devlopment time.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom