Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

    GIF shows where to locate </> in the thread and or post editor toolbar.
    To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, review our "How to post your code into threads" here.

    Thank you, Code Forum.

Python where is the best place to start learning Python, maybe guides, videos

When I first started I bought a book on python but, was a couple years later before I actually used it. Then is was just for references. Most of my learning came from forums and picking a simple project to work on. I started learning about variables and scope. Moved on to loops and functions, and eventually learning about classes. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to learn. Pick a simple project ask questions and you will be learning in no time. You will be surprised at all the help you will get.



When starting pick an editor that you are comfortable with. There are many. notepad++, vscodium(I use this), vscode, pycharm, and many more.



A simple exercise would be write a script that ask for your name and then display it.



A link to tutorials from python.org. Don't be overwhelmed. Just look for the part you need to figure out like variables and input.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom