Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Where to go from here??

ILBS

Coder
Hello,

I have listened to approximately 7 hours of video tutorials on HTML and CSS to get my feet wet in these environments. I learned a lot and I am sure there is plenty more to know.

However, these courses were all about creating and embellishing the website but nothing on logic???

I was wondering if one wants to do for loops, arrays and variable declarations ect within the HTML/CCS environments, which language does he need to learn ?

Is java scripting a good path for learning how to do programming with for loops and variables ect... within HTML/CCS?

thanks for all guidance!

Solution
Hey there and welcome :D

What you want to learn depends on you really, i like databases so i learned PHP/SQL but then if someone wanted to do say slideshows/games etc etc you would use Java or Jquery. What was you looking to do with you code :D
Hey there and welcome :D

What you want to learn depends on you really, i like databases so i learned PHP/SQL but then if someone wanted to do say slideshows/games etc etc you would use Java or Jquery. What was you looking to do with you code :D

Solution
Hello Simong1993

thanks for replying👍

i don’t have any preference on the direction I want to take .... all I wanna know for now is what language I need to learn so I can do Logic flow within my HTML/CCS code ....

apparently everyone is telling me to learn Java script or C#....

to bad I can’t do it in C 😟

anyways let me know if you agree that Java is an appropriate destination for Logic with HTML/CCS!

have a great day
thanks

Personaly i hate JavaScript, i prefer PHP. This is purely because i like databases and i took PHP onto Python with me. When it comes to C im not sure ive never taken the time to learn it. The reason why i say its down to what you want to do is because both have there advatages and disavantages :D

HTML/CSS are not programming languages. HTML is markup (as in, it is how you "mark up" your document) and CSS is a cascading style sheet which provides styling information to an HTML document.

For logic, you need a programming language like JavaScript, PHP, etc as previously mentioned. If you have PHP installed on your system where you will host your website (either your own PC or a hosting company) then you write PHP directly inside of your HTML file. For this, you need to change the extension from ".html" to ".php".

If you wanted to use JavaScript for your logic, then you could write that directly inside of the HTML file inside of an HTML <script></script> tag. This is not usually a great choice for secure processing (like logging a user in) because the code can be viewed simply by clicking on "View Source" in the browser. It's great for functionality though, like button clicks sending information to a specific URL.

As for C, you cannot run C directly inside of an HTML file. You can, however, use a technology known as Web Assembly (stylized as WASM) which takes C code and compiles it for a WASM engine. You can then add a WASM engine to your website via JavaScript and proceed to run your C code that way. It is a complex system, though, so prepare for some reading.

I hope this helps.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom