Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 11

Krygore

Bronze Coder
Has anyone upgraded to windows 11 yet? Im a little skeptical to do the change.
If you have, what are your thoughts?
If you haven't, do you plan to?

My mother has upgraded her pc to windows 11 and she hated it. most of the complaints I had was that she had to get used to the new layout of things. and she finds stuff harder to find on windows 11

I upgraded there are things I like and things I hate. The context menu was hate right away. Today I edited the register and got the old one back. I find it far more functional for me. I find this op sys a lot easier to change to my way of doing things than the old ones.

Has anyone upgraded to windows 11 yet? Im a little skeptical to do the change.
If you have, what are your thoughts?
If you haven't, do you plan to?
I have. I was skeptical at first because originally my computer didn't meet the requirements. But found a resource somewhere on Google (I'll try to find it) where it gave me instructions on how to disable the requirement check. So far I'm liking it, no major complaints - besides random bugs which seem to be fixed now.

I went through with the download... I haven't figured out how to add my own apps to the taskbar yet but I'll figure that out soon. Other than that, I heard it was supposed to improve gaming experience? Not sure how though. I played some Skyrim a bit ago to test the theory, I personally didn't notice a difference.

I'm waiting until I absolutely have to update my system. I like how I have my laptop set up right now and don't want to mess it up and I have no idea how some of my software will work (or if they will work). So holding off until the kinks are fixed is my plan.

It was a little buggy at first, but ince I finished all the current updates, the biggest difference I've seen has been visual (desktop layout, which isn't too bad I guess) and performance. My computer does actually process requests faster.

I upgraded to Windows 11 when it came out. It's quite good, except for a few bugs. There's one bug I hate which happens when you close an app through Alt + Tab when it has the flashing amber sign on the taskbar. The icon keeps the amber sign for the rest of the time you're logged on, which is annoying. Apart from that it runs fine and looks good.

I'm not a Windows user anymore, but, Windows 11 didn't look good at all on release. Another unnecessary change to workflow(i.e. taskbar), further restricting hardware/firmware requirements; I'm also not keen on other features, like the bundling of MS Teams(despite it being an integral part of many people's workflow). On the bright side though, it's nice to see Microsoft giving more flexibility for developers in its software distribution and Android app support. Now it needs to deal with the problem of migrating W XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 users over to 11(yes, people still use XP and Vista, particularly in developing nations).

Windows 11 wasn't really necessary, as they already seemed to be doing a lot of major changes to Windows in 10. Of course, marketing and sales matter first, the technical stuff can come last. Again though, I'm not a Windows user anymore, so I don't know how it would function on my computer. What I do know from upgrading Android versions(11 to 12) is that you never, ever, jump ship the moment something new and shiny appears - it will spell great problems for you and your device.

Windows 11 disabled one of my most used attachments. I know it was working because I used it for several days before the ax fell. O don't like this one bit.

I'm definitely calling BS on quicker response in the system. It has DRASTICALLY slowed my computer! It took 25 minutes for me to open the forums and my VS Code editor.

Tempted to save the harddrive and revert back to Windows 10....

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom