Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Advanced Shared Hosting vs VPS or Server

TheJason

Active Coder
Some shared hosting is known as reseller. It can be resold and also - it has way more bandwidth etc.. than most shared hosting. Anyway, for one of my projects I have chosen it over a VPS - because the VPS offered doesn't have cPanel.

That's a good idea. A dedicated server or VPS is not always needed. The cPanel licenses also can cost around $15/month, so it's not always wise to fire up a new VPS or server for each project. Shared hosting works wonders :)
You can however set up your own private server with WHM and deploy cPanel accounts easily.

There seems to be a trend these days toward VPS.. Which definitely has it's advantages, but it's simply not needed for small projects.

Nerdface is on a basic shared hosting package, and is likely to be for quite some time. As additional resources are required, there's other packages I can upgrade to before the need to consider a VPS. It's one way to keep costs down as a hobby..

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom