Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BorkedSystem32

Silver Coder
Introduction
This thread serves as a list of threads and tips shared around the Internet which may be beneficial for those learning or wanting to improve. Videos and books can also be shared here too.

You may post your links, as long as the linked site does not contain anything potentially harmful to the reader or their computer, or encourages any illegal activity.*

*Note: Sharing a thread encouraging somebody to get into hacking
isn't exactly illegal, but a thread encouraging somebody to use their hacking skills for illegal activity is. Please keep all security/hacking links related to white-hat security while I also consider grey-hat security(if the staff will allow it).

Please also read the Code of Conduct before posting: https://codeforum.org/threads/code-of-conduct.4/

If you're going to share some tips, you may either write your own or post a link to tips on another website. Either is fine, but if you're writing your own, please write in readable English and explain any concept that may be new to someone.

This is an unofficial community thread, so I encourage you all to share with the rest of us here.

Thread/Books List

Tips List(External Sites - your own tips go here in this thread)
(Currently empty)

Last edited:
I've updated this thread with the links to ESR's(Eric S. Raymond) page. You'll more than likely know who ESR is if you use any UNIX-like system or are involved in open-source development. His guides should hopefully prove useful for those wanting to get into open-source.

Sorry everyone for abandoning this list. Now that I remembered that I made this, I'll be going back to updating it soon.

Please, in the meantime, share any new links or tips you may have with the community(links - these can be websites, books, or videos - will be added to the list, provided they are of good quality and from a reputable source).

Woo! Glad to see this getting back into circulation. :)
Glad you're excited. I hope the ESR pages were good enough while you waited for more.

I'll be scavenging the web for more in the coming days. In the meantime, please share your own links - maybe they'll make it to the list.

Glad you're excited. I hope the ESR pages were good enough while you waited for more.

I'll be scavenging the web for more in the coming days. In the meantime, please share your own links - maybe they'll make it to the list.
Will do I actually have a few I'll share them shortly!

Revision 2021-06-04

• Added links for the following:
    • Oracle's official Java tutorials.
    • Lua homepage and links to the 1st Edition of Programming In Lua.

Notice
Beginning with this revision, new additions will be announced in the log-format(as well as using the YYYY-MM-DD date format) as used above in this message. This helps to let you know when and what new content has been added/removed/changed. The formatting is done so that the list of changes is readable.

Thank you.

Revision 2021-06-15

• Added links for the following:
    • Lua-Users homepage, and a link to the website's Lua books list.
      • Lua-Users is a really great site for Lua programming if you want links to Lua discussion areas, want to discover new Lua libraries, and if the PIL(Programming In Lua) books aren't cutting it out for you, you can head to Lua-Users to learn loads more about the language.

Notice
I'm still waiting on community submissions. Please don't be afraid to link to some great sites/books or even share your own tips/tricks. I welcome them all!

Update - 2021-10-15

Hello there, everyone.

I'm sorry for neglecting this list for as long, however, I will be getting back around to it. I have been looking into and possibly considering moving this list(and all other lists that I run) onto a separate website of their own, where it will be easier to manage and will give me more incentive to keep on adding.

This new site may possibly a static, HTML ran on GitHub where people can contribute directly, or it will be ran as a wiki instead - the wiki version would also allow for the list to expand to more topics other than lists of websites, books, etc.

Please let me know what you think. Once I launch the website(if I decide to do it, that is), I will try my best to keep on updating the lists here on the CF website. Note that I am still looking for contributions to the lists so please, if you know of any good books, websites, videos, or bits of advice that people may benefit from, please submit them here.

Thank you.

I would like to recommend a course provided through Udemy.com, however, it is a paid course. If that is a problem I understand. If not;
"The Complete 2022 Full-Stack Web Developer Course" by Angela Yu is well worth the buy! Especially if you wait for a sale. I only paid $25 for the course! Extremely helpful and Angela makes learning new aspects easy by explaining the process in multiple scenarios so that you can have more of a chance to understand the work :)
Here's a link to the course: https://www.udemy.com/share/101qYw3...iNhlndX6llqaVjxW3nvIFWMorpDhbAUV-TyMKexr1A==/

If this isn't what you are looking for as far as content I understand. Just thought I would share :)

I would like to recommend a course provided through Udemy.com, however, it is a paid course. If that is a problem I understand. If not;
"The Complete 2022 Full-Stack Web Developer Course" by Angela Yu is well worth the buy! Especially if you wait for a sale. I only paid $25 for the course! Extremely helpful and Angela makes learning new aspects easy by explaining the process in multiple scenarios so that you can have more of a chance to understand the work :)
Here's a link to the course: https://www.udemy.com/share/101qYw3...iNhlndX6llqaVjxW3nvIFWMorpDhbAUV-TyMKexr1A==/

If this isn't what you are looking for as far as content I understand. Just thought I would share :)
I would like to thank you for your contribution, @Krygore, however, as you may have guessed, it isn't the sort of material I'm looking for. I understand that many people make courses like these as a way to earn a living, but the problem lies in the quality of the content. The last thing I want is to pour out $25 for a course which may lack certain content or explains concepts poorly. It's even worse if there are no content samples that the user can try before deciding to pay full price for the course. All of the resources I've linked in the main post are all free to use and ideally, this is how knowledge should be spread and it's how I'd like it to spread here on CF.

Again, I thank you for your contribution, but in the future, it would be ideal if you could share something that is free and of good quality.

Would it also be possible for you to maybe provide what Angela Yu covers in the course, rather than selling it off as an advertisement? Thank you.

Update - 2021-30-12
The long wait is over; I apologise for the negligence of this thread.

I have finally launched a website dedicated to organising these links. You will find my announcement thread, here: https://codeforum.org/threads/binary-library-resource-directory.2601/

Please read through it and consider contributing - I'd appreciate it if you did. I may still drop by this thread from time to time, potentially adding a few new things to the thread, however, most of my efforts will now be in this website I have launched.

Thank you.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom