Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Java Any project ideas for landing a job ?

jablko

New Coder
I know this may be little off topic but I would appreciate some response..
In short, my point is that I graduated 1 year ago and have been learning Java up to now. I have decent knowledge about almost every aspect of this language but I don't know if I will get employed with no experience at all.. So I came up with an idea of creating some sort of project to show off my skills.

My question is: Does anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff ? What are the best options for the project ? Should it be based on a database(backend) with some little frontend, application based or do I need to create some "hierarchy" of related classes to show them I understand OOP concepts..

Thanks for any reply..

I know this may be little off topic but I would appreciate some response..
In short, my point is that I graduated 1 year ago and have been learning Java up to now. I have decent knowledge about almost every aspect of this language but I don't know if I will get employed with no experience at all.. So I came up with an idea of creating some sort of project to show off my skills.

My question is: Does anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff ? What are the best options for the project ? Should it be based on a database(backend) with some little frontend, application based or do I need to create some "hierarchy" of related classes to show them I understand OOP concepts..

Thanks for any reply..
Hi there,
Best advice for ya:
Don't worry about the "type" of project and just start coding. Create a portfolio via a code repository like Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket/etc, or create a website to market yourself. Come up with different concepts for websites you can build, and use that for your portfolio as well. To be completely blunt, employers/hiring managers are not going to care about what you create, as long as they can see that you yourself created it, or modified it. Catch-22 though: don't just copy paste someone else's code and call it your own, instead make it your own. Start using different IDEs to get used to them.

Hi there,
Best advice for ya:
Don't worry about the "type" of project and just start coding. Create a portfolio via a code repository like Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket/etc, or create a website to market yourself. Come up with different concepts for websites you can build, and use that for your portfolio as well. To be completely blunt, employers/hiring managers are not going to care about what you create, as long as they can see that you yourself created it, or modified it. Catch-22 though: don't just copy paste someone else's code and call it your own, instead make it your own. Start using different IDEs to get used to them.
I totally agree with your point that start coding and build your own portfolios, because when someone will hire you, he/she will tak eyour technical test based on your knowledge.

You can showcase your portfolio while interviewing for good impression. Rest, all will depend on your knowledge.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom