Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best course on bootstrap to learn bootstrap for someone who requires more mentoring?

shivajikobardan

Legendary Coder
I'm struggling with frontend. Although my basics of html,css are clear, I'm having trouble in building websites and I'm just putting baby steps towards it(made my first simple html css site today). Thus a guidance from a mentor would be really helpful to me in learning. If I don't find any resources, my plan is to just google and read till I understand.

I want to ask this question because I wasted lots of time in the past in bad resources. I bought "CSS Cookbook", turns out it was heavily outdated. I bought Jonas's CSS course in udemy, turns out it wasn't right fit for me because it was unnecessarily project heavy. But imo you make projects on your own rather than by watching and copying others make projects.

So, recommend me a course that teaches bootstrap basics and maybe guide me towards building a website using html,css and bootstrap. I'm asking this question so that I don't waste more time on bad resources.

Should I focus on bootstrap 5 courses or courses teaching any bootstrap are alright?

I'm struggling with frontend. Although my basics of html,css are clear, I'm having trouble in building websites and I'm just putting baby steps towards it(made my first simple html css site today). Thus a guidance from a mentor would be really helpful to me in learning. If I don't find any resources, my plan is to just google and read till I understand.

I want to ask this question because I wasted lots of time in the past in bad resources. I bought "CSS Cookbook", turns out it was heavily outdated. I bought Jonas's CSS course in udemy, turns out it wasn't right fit for me because it was unnecessarily project heavy. But imo you make projects on your own rather than by watching and copying others make projects.

So, recommend me a course that teaches bootstrap basics and maybe guide me towards building a website using html,css and bootstrap. I'm asking this question so that I don't waste more time on bad resources.

Should I focus on bootstrap 5 courses or courses teaching any bootstrap are alright?
HI there,
Unfortunately, if you are struggling with frontend to the point where you are not able to create at least a page or two, I would highly recommend that you put the thought of making projects on your own to the side for now, and focus on following along with tutorials that may be project heavy. Yes, it is a bit cumbersome and tedious, and yes you will be copying what others have already done, but it will definitely help you reinforce the basics. Once you can get past your struggles, then you can proceed to putting your skills to the test by doing your own projects. If you have the funds and the resources, I highly recommend using Pluralsight (https://pluralsight.com). If not, youtube can be a very valuable resource.

Bootstrap 5 Crash Course
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I actually have created a simple site using only html and css. I think I'm going for backend roles, I just want to understand frontend.
The message is still the same, no matter if it's frontend or backend. Please take the time to view/read the tutorials/books, and please do the projects in them. It will not only sharpen your skills, but answer any questions you may have.

their thought process is different from mine and most of the times they're just writing code w/o properly explaining stuffs. So, I can't follow it.
I get that however everyone’s thought process is different as well. If you’re not getting the answer you’re seeking, then you may need to rephrase your question.

I highly recommend you being more open to tutorial projects. Those projects are meant to help your learn processes.

But I do get where you’re coming from - It was just recently where I had a similar thought process about projects but often found myself giving up or not understanding.

So I decided to follow a tutorial project that had me build a website where you could track the international space station from an api.

Now I’m looking into displaying other satellites as well, however the current API only provides the ISS so I require a new api but will also need to modify the code to make the new api work because it has different values.

But because of the tutorial I know the process to connect an API, how to handle the data, how to display the data on the page and improved my Javascript skills.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom