Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Best Method for - detect coll?

What would be the best way to detect collision, in a typical first person game?
Im currently reading this page, and theres like, 10 different methods it can be accomplished...
Perhaps based on ones own needs. Although im not super sure, I can say i will need
walls to have that 90 degree resistance thing going on like a vector y += gravity * 0.0, and a normal
gravity ability to jump, cause jumping is fun i think.

Or better yet, what ways do use prefer for your use cases.

Hey,

Are you talking about 2d or 3d collisions? 3d collisions are way more complex to handle.
I do not know how to reply, handling collisions is quite complex (though interesting).

Note that handling resistance/gravity enters more in the category 'simulating physics' than 'collisions'.

I guess, try the method that seems the easiest and improve it once it works :laugh:.

Hey,

Are you talking about 2d or 3d collisions? 3d collisions are way more complex to handle.
I do not know how to reply, handling collisions is quite complex (though interesting).

Note that handling resistance/gravity enters more in the category 'simulating physics' than 'collisions'.

I guess, try the method that seems the easiest and improve it once it works :laugh:.
Yes i agree, and i think this will be the fun part as well to experiment.. Cause i started modifying the tutorial-code (last part of the lighting part) to better prepare what i think this will become... Whatever this is.... Iuno... I have so many random ideas, its like... Soon there will be a list of crazy. And we can sortve spin them into better ideas and see what would work and what doesnt.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom