Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Best way of creating a footer?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

I'm creating a site from scratch and want to know the best way of creating a site footer. Should I build it using the <ul> or <div>?

You know....I think it's a matter of how you want your Site to look and what you're actually best with.

I'm best with <div> and so that's what I use. Again, I'm best with it and comfortable using it. I only use <ul> for Lists. Nothing else.

The Code for your Footer could look something like this:
[CODE lang="html" title="Footer"]<!--The Footer-->
<div class="Footer">
<!--Display Copyright-Info-->
<p>(C)Malcolm 2019 - 2020</p>
<!--Anything else, you can put here-->
</div>[/CODE]
That's essentially what the Code for your Footer will most likely turn out. Just a <div> and then some Text inside of it.

You can use div tags as they are generic containers. Just make sure you wrap them in footer tag as it will make it meaningful.

Don't use ul tag unless you are creating a list of something.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom