Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Joshex

Coder
This thread will probably take a long time for me to actually move on, I am thinking ahead as it were. The idea is to write a peice of code either in HTML5, WebGL, or an XPI or JAR addon/extension for browsers to enable web browsers to run Blender3D games in a browser tab and or scaled to given proportions with-in a page.

This was already partially created years ago by another coder as a browser addon, but that was for Blender3D 2.42 (ancient) and was not fully functional (it ran games more or less in Object mode of blender itself, and may not have supported GLSL shading). From what I found after enquiring about how he did it years ago, he said rather than rewrite blenderplayer as a browser addon, he found a way to interpret game.blend+blenderplayer.exe and grab the graphical and audio output then scale that into the given window of the web browser. while doing this blender nor blender player would be visibly open nor running outside the browser, however they had to be installed and findable on that machine in a given directory, same with python. For mouse location and key presses he fed these to the interpreted program scaled to proportion from actions in the browser tab.

So that is the goal here, to find a way to interpret blenderplayer.exe from file and grab the graphical and audio output it would normally render in the game engine/window then scale this to the given specifications in a tab or page. then use this same program to feed keypresses and mouse keys and wheel et cetera + pointer location scaled back to the interpreted program.

I am at best a novice in all of the listed languages, however I have a history in many different languages and am an expert in datahandling in python and AS2 and AS3 so it shouldn't be too hard to adapt. C languages are the only ones I cannot understand for the life of me.

Help and pointers about where to begin on these specific functions would be appreciated.

Hi Joshex!

Are not 'Blender3D games' discontinued? Your project is very complex and I do not think it is worth it considering it is not supported anymore.
not that I am aware of. the only downside is that the GE has had no major updates since 2.49b essentially the newest game engine (pre 2.8) was just the 2.49b features with python 3+ instead of python 2.7. From Ton, the game engine was not the focus in 2.8 as there were going to be some major updates to it but they were not going to be ready in time. also "discontinued" and "supported" are words that don't effect existing software that still works for that purpose.

Well, I am not saying that you can not if you want!

So, you want to interpret an executable file ('blenderplayer.exe')? This is not trivial. Do you know assembly/binary code for intel CPUs and Windows system calls?

So, you want to interpret an executable file ('blenderplayer.exe')? This is not trivial. Do you know assembly/binary code for intel CPUs and Windows system calls?
Yes I would like to interpret an executable. as for assembly and system calls that would be a no. I mean some system calls yes (largely the ones I learned in VB and python). and yeah I know binary in general but not specifically for any given CPU manufacturer. as for my skills with binary, I rarely use it but I can convert info back and forth from it. I don't think I've ever used it for actual functionality.

Last edited:

update, I may have found the sourcecode for the original outdated one.

update, yes it's the sourcecode. and I can easily read through the java code some of it was made in. however those are just the installer scripts, it seems the actual functionality is inside a few .dll files within these .jar and .xpi archives. I did however uncover the name of a company that made this installer NaNTechnologies. which still has a website so I have emailed them to ask for their willingness to do what with this (either release the dll source or uptake the project (for money)) if they do not take the project I'll just decompile the dlls myself. I don't want to have to install the program to do so though.

Last edited:

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom