Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.
Hey, I'm new to this coding or programming, but I really have an interest in it.
I wanted to build a real estate website, a real estate website which don't have visitors account function (such as login/sign up), my friend just bought me WordPress domain/hosting (i dunno what is it called) Now I have hosting manager account too, it's from lautanhost.com.

Should I build my real estate website project in WordPress or should I build it from scratch?
I've tried WordPress using themes, but in some elements, I can't customize freely.

Where should i start? and where should i learn it?

best thanks to u who want to answer it:thumbsup::blush:

pieces of information that I dunno if it helpful or not:
I used to be a graphic designer using adobe illustrator, photoshop, after effect, premiere, etc.

Hello,

Learning to create websites from scratch is great, but I takes time to learn. I think you should start with WordPress while you learn to code and finally make your website from scratch, once you have have required experience, if you still want to.

You should search for HTML and CSS courses. Then look into Javascript / PHP.

Hello,

Learning to create websites from scratch is great, but I takes time to learn. I think you should start with WordPress while you learn to code and finally make your website from scratch, once you have have required experience, if you still want to.

You should search for HTML and CSS courses. Then look into Javascript / PHP.
okay, thx man!

What functions do you want your real estate website to have? That would help us be able to better point you in the right direction. The great thing about learning WP development is there are loads of plugins and highly documented APIs you can take examples from to learn faster.

You will probably want to learn how to create your own custom theme which at the bare minimum consists of a style.css and functions.php file. The WP developer reference is a great resource to start:

What functions do you want your real estate website to have? That would help us be able to better point you in the right direction. The great thing about learning WP development is there are loads of plugins and highly documented APIs you can take examples from to learn faster.

You will probably want to learn how to create your own custom theme which at the bare minimum consists of a style.css and functions.php file. The WP developer reference is a great resource to start:

Okay, thanks man

Yes, it would be great to know what functionalities you're interested in adding to the site like filters, booking appointments etc. I'm a Shopify developer and I don't use WordPress but if I were to, I would use Elementor to customize my website because it gives you freedom to customize website pages.

Yes, it would be great to know what functionalities you're interested in adding to the site like filters, booking appointments etc. I'm a Shopify developer and I don't use WordPress but if I were to, I would use Elementor to customize my website because it gives you freedom to customize website pages.
okay, thanks for the suggestions

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom