Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Calculate leave days based on leaveStart and leaveEnd

I am trying to calculate the total leave days based on two dates. I tried using datediff and timestampdiff but it gives me the wrong result.
For example I input:
leaveStart = "2022-04-26"
leaveEnd = "2022-04-27"

So the total leave days should be 2 days because the leave is from 26 to 27.

datediff and timestampdiff basically gives me the difference between two dates.
Any ideas how to compute it properly? I may try adding 1 day to the result but i just want to know if there's a better way to do it.

I think use text format to break it into year, month, and day, then difference for each, then how long a month or year is in days each, then have result. You may break using 0 to first index of - and then firat index of - +1 to last index of - then last index of - +1 to end and be sure to test for valid numbers. Sorry if you wanted code written for you. You could use an array or rule set for days in a month and every 4 years is a leap year. X E.

Back
Top Bottom