Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CodeLite - Installing compiler PopOS?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello everyone,

I just finished installing CodeLite on my Pop-OS, I tried compiling a C++ file however the compilers that it comes with or the ones it suggests I use are for windows. Does anyone have any idea on how I can correct this or should I reinstall it and pray it works?

Hey.

Seeing as you're on PopOS, which is a GNU/Linux distribution, you should have GCC(GNU-Compiler-Collection) pre-installed. Try looking into using that. If not, see if there is a way to get support.

Also, you may have also accidentally downloaded the wrong version. I'm not saying that you have, but it's a possibility.

Hey,
Seeing as you're on PopOS, which is a GNU/Linux distribution, you should have GCC(GNU-Compiler-Collection) pre-installed. Try looking into using that. If not, see if there is a way to get support.
I'll look into it, I perhaps could have made a mistake.

Also, you may have also accidentally downloaded the wrong version. I'm not saying that you have, but it's a possibility.
It's definitely a possibility. However, I think I may have found a solution. I'm not sure if you have CodeLite, but the solution was right click on project > settings then under Build settings > Makefile generator select CodeLite Make Generator then it'll ask you to apply changes, click yes.
Screenshot from 2020-07-14 16-07-03.png
Screenshot from 2020-07-14 14-09-10.png
Screenshot from 2020-07-14 16-14-25.png

Last edited:
It's definitely a possibility. However, I think I may have found a solution. I'm not sure if you have CodeLite, but the solution was right click on project > settings then under Build settings > Makefile generator select CodeLite Make Generator then it'll ask you to apply changes, click yes.
I don't use CodeLite(EMACS anyone?), but if this does work, let me know. It might.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom