Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Coronavirus Tracker

Look, I'm gonna say it right now.

You show no signs of programming experience. I've seen a couple of your past posts and it doesn't look good. Also, since I was a member at the time that you had your previous account, plus that I recognize the constant spamming and writing-style of your posts, I easily know who you are. You're "Weboogle".

No programming-experience. Desire to build services in which you can't build because you don't know how to work with the tools of the trade. And we keep on trying to convince you to learn but you just don't listen to us.

Look, many of us here at CF are trying to help you in having a successful career by linking you to resources to learn from, videos to watch and listen to, and even try to explain things to you. But yet, you just don't learn at all. You show no desire to learn and that is quite obvious.

So please, at least start setting a little bit of time every day to learn a little bit about programming. It can be anything. A language like Java or Python. How compilers work underneath the hood. Learning all of the different paradigms. Anything. Plus, with this outbreak happening in the world right now, you'll have plenty of time(Provided you aren't an "essential worker").

If you don't bother to learn or listen, then why be here? Just to promote "services" that potentially contain scripts that track you and are just easily created in a few clicks? If so, then don't bother coming here. Look, I want to help you and so do many others here at CF. So, start putting an effort into both listening and learning. Please, do it for your own good.

NewsProject said:
Yes, It is I, Weboogle
Hahaha lol
And this is how you respond to something that isn't meant to be taken lightly. Wow. Just wow.

If you're seriously going to ignore the advice that myself and many others here at CF give you, then as I said, don't bother coming here. CF is a place for discussion and learning. Not to just promote a site that you made by filling out and clicking a few things. Yes, you are allowed to promote projects that you're working on in the Showcase board, but in my opinion, the way you're trying to promote it makes you seem like a clickbaiter desperate for clicks on a crappy YouTube video that has no value or quality to it, whatsoever.

As I said, start showing to us that you're listening to every single piece of advice that we're giving you. Sites and books to learn from, facts and references, all of that stuff. If you want to make a good service that people will use, then learn the concepts and theories behind programming and other aspects of computer-science. Because believe me, there is much more to it than writing code. Much, much more.

And this is how you respond to something that isn't meant to be taken lightly. Wow. Just wow.

If you're seriously going to ignore the advice that myself and many others here at CF give you, then as I said, don't bother coming here. CF is a place for discussion and learning. Not to just promote a site that you made by filling out and clicking a few things. Yes, you are allowed to promote projects that you're working on in the Showcase board, but in my opinion, the way you're trying to promote it makes you seem like a clickbaiter desperate for clicks on a crappy YouTube video that has no value or quality to it, whatsoever.

As I said, start showing to us that you're listening to every single piece of advice that we're giving you. Sites and books to learn from, facts and references, all of that stuff. If you want to make a good service that people will use, then learn the concepts and theories behind programming and other aspects of computer-science. Because believe me, there is much more to it than writing code. Much, much more.
Shut up!

Anyone know how to get started?
I want to build a coronavirus tracker, map, and news portal.
You will need to use an HTML/JavaScript map of sorts. I recommend starting off simple by using a map that just shows all the continents / countries and doesn't show cities, etc. Then you could have a database or file with data for how many hospitalizations / deaths / recoveries there are - listed by country. Then using JavaScript you can change the color of each country based on how severe the coronavirus is. This map is not free, but is a great example of what I am talking about: https://simplemaps.com/world

Back
Top Bottom