Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cutting Google Out Of My Life

D

Dan-Kode

So right now, I'm in the process of cutting Google out of my Life. Yes, it may seem impossible but believe me, others are doing it too and some have succeeded doing it.

My journey began with replacing Google Chrome with Mozilla Firefox. As soon as I made the switch(This was around the time the Chrome Tabs changed shape), I settled down into Firefox over-time and I haven't looked back since. Then, I soon learned about Google spying on you and serving Advertisements based on your Search-History. This was when I took things to the next level. I switched my Search-Engine from Google-Search to DuckDuckGo and soon began cutting out Youtube and Google Maps. I haven't cut out these Products yet but I will as soon as I get my new Phone. I have haulted the process of cutting out Youtube but I'll try and get back on track to that soon. Unfortunately, I cannot cut-out Gmail and Android out of my Life. Android is an Operating-System that I love and I do not like Apple Products but of course, I have no choice other than Android. Not to mention that I find Android much better. As for Gmail, since I use Android and Youtube, I cannot cut that out. I do hope to cut-out Gmail soon in the Future but at the moment, I don't have plans to cut-out Gmail or Android.

Now tell me your experience with cutting out Google Products out of your Life. Believe me, there are much better and great alternatives to Google Products out there and I suggest that you do start your journey to cutting them out. It will make a difference.

I switched my Search-Engine from Google-Search to DuckDuckGo
I recommend Qwant or MetaGer
DuckDuckGo is in principle better than Google but the fact that they are located in the USA makes the whole thing more problematic again.

Try Invidious

Google Maps
Try Here

Unfortunately, I cannot cut-out Gmail and Android out of my Life.
MobileOS LineageOS
E-Mail Client K-9 Mail
E-Mail Provider Mailbox

I have no choice other than Android.
Try LineageOS because it is based on Android but has thrown out the whole evil Google.

So I just made a hard cut. Google, Facebook(+Whatsapp) and Twitter banned from my life.
I don't have any problems or restrictions with it.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom