Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

enable custom levels in google chrome console

sabsac

Coder
Please see attached image.How do we enable Custom levels filters in google chrome console after pressing ctrl+shift+i.I cant find that option on my browser.

Attachments

• custom levels.png
    custom levels.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 5
I don't have the option 'Custom levels' in my Chrome browser either, and could not find a way to enable it - or even what it is.
What do you need custom levels for ?

I don't have the option 'Custom levels' in my Chrome browser either, and could not find a way to enable it - or even what it is.
What do you need custom levels for ?
Even I dont see it in my browser.I am trying to follow a youtube javascript tutorials playlist and the youtuber is showing the chrome console in the attached screenshot format.So I was just curious how he managed that.

The video explains JavaScript hoisting, but does not appear to be using these "Custom levels" as fas as I could see. I guess you could ask Mr. Saini on his YouTube channel.

Thanks for the link.

So it looks like you'll see "custom levels' when you change the levels you'd like to see. You have the different options Default, Verbose, Info, Warnings, Errors. By default only Info, Warnings and Errors are checked off under the levels menu.

1664640339862.png
1664640584926.png

If you check verbose it will change to "All levels" but if you were to un-check error you'll see Custom Levels.

1664640597670.png

Thanks for the link.

So it looks like you'll see "custom levels' when you change the levels you'd like to see. You have the different options Default, Verbose, Info, Warnings, Errors. By default only Info, Warnings and Errors are checked off under the levels menu.
Aha ! I should have found that..... So it says "Custom" whenever you have changed something to the Default levels. Here was I thinking there was a possibility for some clever tweaking here 🙄

Aha ! I should have found that..... So it says "Custom" whenever you have changed something to the Default levels. Here was I thinking there was a possibility for some clever tweaking here 🙄
Exactly, I could not find any documentation anywhere. But I started playing around with it more and found it.

I finally found the custom levels option in a browser.Its available exclusively in edge developer tools.

Attachments

• edge console.png
    edge console.png
    103 KB · Views: 2
I finally found the custom levels option in a browser.Its available exclusively in edge developer tools.
Too bad Edge stopped working for me, and now way I could raise it from the dead. Does it actually do anything or is it (like in Chrome) just to indicate that you have changed the default levels ?

Too bad Edge stopped working for me, and now way I could raise it from the dead. Does it actually do anything or is it (like in Chrome) just to indicate that you have changed the default levels ?
It is just like in chrome and works exactly as malcolm pointed out when the 'warnings' option is disabled.so you basically dont get warnings inside your console for syntax or other errors I guess!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom