Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Golf Simulator?

the1ndianjob

New Coder
Hey everyone, I'm looking to try creating an open-source golf simulator for a project that I'm starting. I'm using an old arduino I had laying around and planning purchasing a few IR sensors to measure things like club angle and club-head speed. I can use those measurements to determine an accurate enough shot. What I'm not sure about is the actual graphical part of the software that would directly interact with the user. Any recommendations on the platform to build it on or should I go with an existing engine? Obviously, anyone with interest in making or using it is welcome to help :)

Last edited:
Hello! And, welcome to Code Forum!

Happy to have you on board! Now let’s get this solved! Okay first is what are you trying to achieve with this gold simulator? Will there be VR etc?

Hello! And, welcome to Code Forum!

Happy to have you on board! Now let’s get this solved! Okay first is what are you trying to achieve with this gold simulator? Will there be VR etc?
@Malcolm sorry for the late reply, been busy on a few other projects. There won't be real VR involved, but I do plan on using some infra-red reflective distance sensors (not one with an IR beam receiver) built into a custom wooden platform and powered by an arduino. The platform will be covered by rubber and false turf in order to mimic a real surface and several IR sensors will measure the swing speed and club-head angle. I'll have an overhead projector mounted with a heavy-duty canvas screen mounted to a wall-mounted frame that can sustain hits from real golf balls. All of those technologies I'm familiar with to handle on my own. What I'm unsure of would be how to design some windows-based graphical software that could take these measurements from the Arduino's input and graphically depict a simulated flight of the golf ball. I'm happy to play around with it, but I'm debating on is the code language to use and an existing engine that would best fit my needs. Hopefully that's enough information on what I'm looking to achieve.

So, quick update. I did have a spare Xbox Kinect sensor laying around which I'd like to reuse. I purchased some inexpensive adapters for it and connected it to my PC, there are quite a few resources and documentation to begin developing on it in the "Kinect for Windows Developer Toolkit," so I'm starting there.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom