Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hello, got a degree in programming last year and still feel like I know nothing

Like the title says, currently working on a project with my kid. They're providing art and creative ideas and I'm doing the code. Found myself here because I ran across a unique issue with my JS that I just can't figure on my own. I need a better troubleshooting toolkit, some techniques maybe for finding bugs and whatnot. Glad to see you all here and hope we can all help each other out as is the intention of this site.
 
Like the title says, currently working on a project with my kid. They're providing art and creative ideas and I'm doing the code. Found myself here because I ran across a unique issue with my JS that I just can't figure on my own. I need a better troubleshooting toolkit, some techniques maybe for finding bugs and whatnot. Glad to see you all here and hope we can all help each other out as is the intention of this site.
welcome to the forum
 
Welcome to Code Forum! We’re happy to have you here. 🙂

Bugs are always a developers nightmare but don’t worry we’re all here to help each other.
 
Like the title says, currently working on a project with my kid. They're providing art and creative ideas and I'm doing the code. Found myself here because I ran across a unique issue with my JS that I just can't figure on my own. I need a better troubleshooting toolkit, some techniques maybe for finding bugs and whatnot. Glad to see you all here and hope we can all help each other out as is the intention of this site.

Like the title says, currently working on a project with my kid. They're providing art and creative ideas and I'm doing the code. Found myself here because I ran across a unique issue with my JS that I just can't figure on my own. I need a better troubleshooting toolkit, some techniques maybe for finding bugs and whatnot. Glad to see you all here and hope we can all help each other out as is the intention of this site.
Just regarding the title, don't worry about it. Search the "dunning-kruger" effect in google, and you'll see a graph of how skill correlates to confidence. In short, everyone falls into a "valley of despair" at some point, even if they are skilled. You got it!
 
Like the title says, currently working on a project with my kid. They're providing art and creative ideas and I'm doing the code. Found myself here because I ran across a unique issue with my JS that I just can't figure on my own. I need a better troubleshooting toolkit, some techniques maybe for finding bugs and whatnot. Glad to see you all here and hope we can all help each other out as is the intention of this site.
Hi there,
Regarding the title... Yeah, talking from experience, School doesn't really prepare you for the working world when it comes to web and software development. Best advice: do unlearn the unnecessary bull that you were taught and learn by doing and asking... forget dsa because that is barely used in practice
 
Hi there,
Regarding the title... Yeah, talking from experience, School doesn't really prepare you for the working world when it comes to web and software development. Best advice: do unlearn the unnecessary bull that you were taught and learn by doing and asking... forget dsa because that is barely used in practice
What is dsa?
 
Back
Top Bottom