Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

C# Hello I am currently Developing A Arcade Bot for Discord, and I would like some assistance with creating it.

I am currently developing A discord bot in C#, I plan on having A bunch of cool arcade games and features, through commands, I will be making some commands purchasable through tickets which can be earned through beating A game and getting A High Score, tickets will be used to earn prizes as well. Most of the currency stuff, tickets, and Unlockable Commands(bools) will be saved using a Database.

I need some help coding the bot's commands and database, if you are experienced in C# and databases, and would like to help, it would be much appreciated. Message me on discord and I will provide you with the link to assist me through visual studio share.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty cool, but yeah - Hard to understand what you are asking.
I am assuming you have some experience with C# and Discord in general, but need some extra guidance? Do you need coding help, or help with the general idea of it all? As for saving the data, I do recommend using an established & open source database software so you can rely on it for years to come & make sure your Discord bot can work with a variety of servers.

I need coding help, this bot will be A ton of work. Yes I have some experience with C# and discord. But lack knowledge on databases. If you would like to help, let me know on discord. I am using visual studio community 2019 to code the bot. and A invite link is required through visual studios new sharing feature to be able to lend me A hand.

Hey, @CrimsonKing. Interesting Project that you have on your hands. It does sound quite complex though. I'm aware that Discord does use and support Python and Node.js for it's Bots but as for Languages such as C#, I cannot comment on.

If it doesn't support C# then I'd suggest that you instead use Python or Node.js for the Project. It would probably save you a lot more time and hassle. But hey, it's your Project. Do what you want with it.

True, I'm fairly certain that any language can be used as long as it's able to receive data from Discord & send data back.
I'm not sure exactly what the connection protocols would be for a language like C#, but it has definitely been done before. There are some YouTube videos and tutorials for it :)

so here's my problem my database(json) is all setup correctly via following peter's tutorials the only issue I have is when I execute A command the command doesn't trigger the code to add tokens to the json file nor does it send any command related code on execution.

Back
Top Bottom