Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Help needed in optimisation

Akash

Coder
Hi Guys, Working on a SW for New architecture , so wanted to make smaller things more optimal.
One such thing is I'm looking for is removal of frequent #ifdef s, Is there any way to minimise the usage of define/make it more generic.

Scenario:
I have multiple files, which has either #ifdef X or #ifdef not X and under it, there are different functions.

Any way?

In my experience, code written for multiple architectures is typically littered with #ifdef's. It's a pain in the butt and can make code very hard to follow, but I'm not sure this can be avoided short of duplicating code. I think the best you can do is try and isolate the #ifdef's, as much as you can, in a couple of functions so that the bulk of the code remains platform-independent and readable. Whether this is an option for you is hard to say.

In my experience, code written for multiple architectures is typically littered with #ifdef's. It's a pain in the butt and can make code very hard to follow, but I'm not sure this can be avoided short of duplicating code. I think the best you can do is try and isolate the #ifdef's, as much as you can, in a couple of functions so that the bulk of the code remains platform-independent and readable. Whether this is an option for you is hard to say.
Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom