Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Help with Wordpress screenshot

HollyJ24

Coder
Hi I hope I have posted this in the right place! I am following a youtube tutorial for creating a wordpress theme and I can't get my theme preview to show up. I have tried a JPG with the name screenshot.jpg and I have tried the same with a PNG. I have made sure it is the correct size and it is in the right folder. The permissions should be set correct as I downloaded wordpress using flywheel and they sort the permissions as far as I know. I can't find any other solutions online, I have also done ctrl f5 and cleared the cache etc. Nothing seems to work!

Thank you ...

I'm not an expert for WP, but are you using right version tutorial for installed version of WP? This question could be tricky, I skimmed over a couple of WP theme tutorials, and none of them specify which version of WP they are for.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert for WP, but are you using right version tutorial for installed version of WP? This question could be tricky, I skimmed over a couple of WP theme tutorials, and none of them specify which version of WP they are for.
Ah I don't know! I will have to take a look back over the video and see if they mention it !

I think recently there was a new version of WP released, so you might be looking at an old tutorial. Anyway, the most reliable docs are always official docs. They might be more exhaustive than usual tutorials, but at least you're sure it's the real deal.

From what I've seen, in new WP there should be somewhere a simple form for generating a new theme from an old one. Then you modify newly created files according to your needs.

I hope someone else around here would have more meaningful response, as my knowledge tends to be purely generic.

I think recently there was a new version of WP released, so you might be looking at an old tutorial. Anyway, the most reliable docs are always official docs. They might be more exhaustive than usual tutorials, but at least you're sure it's the real deal.

From what I've seen, in new WP there should be somewhere a simple form for generating a new theme from an old one. Then you modify newly created files according to your needs.

I hope someone else around here would have more meaningful response, as my knowledge tends to be purely generic.
Thank you I'll have a look .. it's a video for building a theme completely from scratch? I'm completely new so it's all confusing to me at the moment

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom