Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey all

Trilient

Coder
I'm new here, thought I'd give a shoutout to the good people of these coding forums. Oh, you want to know about me? Well... I'm pretty good at breathing. I've coded once or twice, I have experience in C#, HTML, CSS, JS and can sort of understand any c-type language given enough time. I have messed with unity and find it a whole bunch of fun, I've also written programs for my job which have come in handy. I'm a self taught programmer and have not taken any schooling for it, and probably never will since I stay busy with work.

I'm glad to be a part of this community and look forward to interacting with like-minded individuals. Thanks!

Hello!

Welcome to Code Forum!

Have you built any projects?
Small applications for work, generating job information for clients and storing client information in an FTP server with xml files (have very little understanding of SQL, and while the FTP/XML route is not the prettiest solution... it works as intended). I also have a few games that I've messed with in Unity, nothing completed or released though.

Small applications for work, generating job information for clients and storing client information in an FTP server with xml files (have very little understanding of SQL, and while the FTP/XML route is not the prettiest solution... it works as intended). I also have a few games that I've messed with in Unity, nothing completed or released though.
Oh cool cool. At least you’re keeping your skills in use! I’m currently working with Unity as well, any tips?

I'm new here, thought I'd give a shoutout to the good people of these coding forums. Oh, you want to know about me? Well... I'm pretty good at breathing. I've coded once or twice, I have experience in C#, HTML, CSS, JS and can sort of understand any c-type language given enough time. I have messed with unity and find it a whole bunch of fun, I've also written programs for my job which have come in handy. I'm a self taught programmer and have not taken any schooling for it, and probably never will since I stay busy with work.

I'm glad to be a part of this community and look forward to interacting with like-minded individuals. Thanks!
Welcome to Code Forum!!

Oh cool cool. At least you’re keeping your skills in use! I’m currently working with Unity as well, any tips?
Tips for unity? The inspector is your best friend, expose any variables that are not constants and affect your game state. This way you don't need to progress gameplay to test certain features, you can just input whatever variables need to be set live during testing.

In general I really like the way Unity ties everything together, even though the UI isn't the best the design is very intuitive.

Welcome to Code Forum! :)
Thank you!

Welcome to Code Forum!!
Thank you!

Tips for unity? The inspector is your best friend, expose any variables that are not constants and affect your game state. This way you don't need to progress gameplay to test certain features, you can just input whatever variables need to be set live during testing.

In general I really like the way Unity ties everything together, even though the UI isn't the best the design is very intuitive.
Noted! I'm used to using Unreal Engine and it seems to be the same thing. The details panel is your best friend. The UI seems very rushed.

Have you ever used Unreal?

Noted! I'm used to using Unreal Engine and it seems to be the same thing. The details panel is your best friend. The UI seems very rushed.

Have you ever used Unreal?
I have not. I'm relatively well versed in C# and C++ is a bit of a leap for me. I'd like to use it eventually because Unreal is generally a pretty cool engine. Unity is starting to catch up though, and it's no longer just a neat indie developers toy.

It is pretty cool, I kinda want to learn Unity. But not sure where to start. Do you have any screenshots of your work with Unity?

It is pretty cool, I kinda want to learn Unity. But not sure where to start. Do you have any screenshots of your work with Unity?
I'll do you one better, I'll link you my itch.io page for a super older asteroids/galaga clone type game I was working on. It's basically oldschool asteroids but with a galaga style perspective. The asteroids are randomly spawned through an object pooler and there's upgrades. There's no download available since I never released it, but there's a few screenshots.

I'll do you one better, I'll link you my itch.io page for a super older asteroids/galaga clone type game I was working on. It's basically oldschool asteroids but with a galaga style perspective. The asteroids are randomly spawned through an object pooler and there's upgrades. There's no download available since I never released it, but there's a few screenshots.

Oh! Thanks! I'll check it out for sure!

Oh! Thanks! I'll check it out for sure!
It's not much but it's something. I actually still have this project file, I may use it to brush up on my dev knowledge. Not sure I'll understand what the heck I was doing at the time since it's been a few years and I'm notorious for not commenting well enough for my future self.

It's not much but it's something. I actually still have this project file, I may use it to brush up on my dev knowledge. Not sure I'll understand what the heck I was doing at the time since it's been a few years and I'm notorious for not commenting well enough for my future self.
Why not? You should always take opportunities to improve your skills :)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom