Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

How do you pronounce MySQL?

David

Coder
All my life I have been saying My S-Q-L.

But I was surprised when I took a computer class in college the professor said "My Sequel"

Is that the norm?

How do YOU pronounce it?

Hah this is a funny topic @David. I like the fact that you mentioned this. I always pronounce it my S-Q-L too but in the back of my head I am usually saying "My Sequel". Just something that I call it in the back of my head. Quite interesting.

Looks like we're in the same boat, David! I've always pronounced MySQL as My S-Q-L
Hah this is a funny topic @David. I like the fact that you mentioned this. I always pronounce it my S-Q-L too but in the back of my head I am usually saying "My Sequel". Just something that I call it in the back of my head. Quite interesting.
After some research, I found that the correct way of saying it was....... My S-Q-L. looks like all of you were right lol

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2972334/correct-pronunciation-of-mysql

People pronounced it in other ways? lol. I would burst out laughing if anyone said My Sequel because I'd be confused about what they were talking about.
I'm always said "My S-Q-L" as well like most others.

I alternate. I usually only hear older people and database pros call it MySequel.

edit> at work we usually say sequel though. aka, the sequel server needs cleanup, or sequel express (for MS sql).

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom