Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Java How to learn Java from basic?

That is easier said than done if you are not Polish 😮
I learnt Java from scratch by reading the O'Reilly book JAVA in a Nutshell. followed by some specialized books from the same publisher (AWT, Servlets, and JDBC).

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always use freemium platforms to learn how to code. That can expand from Java up to whatever language the website has available. However, I believe reading programming from books is not as beneficial as it was back in the day, since now you have all this equipment to do it practically.

However, I believe reading programming from books is not as beneficial as it was back in the day, since now you have all this equipment to do it practically.
True. But on the other hand, you can take a book with you and study it when and where you would otherwise be idle, as I used to do in a time which saw quite a lot of waiting.

True. But on the other hand, you can take a book with you and study it when and where you would otherwise be idle, as I used to do in a time which saw quite a lot of waiting.
That is indeed a convenience that books have. But, we also have phones nowadays, tables, etc. which do pretty much the same thing, keeping the practical side of learning intact.

That is easier said than done if you are not Polish 😮
I learnt Java from scratch by reading the O'Reilly book JAVA in a Nutshell. followed by some specialized books from the same publisher (AWT, Servlets, and JDBC).
I studied sort of the same way. They weren't O'Reilly, one was I think by Oracle Press and the other was a Pearson's(I think) - I don't have them anymore since I gave them away a while ago to a friend who was interested in beginning programming.

I preferred the books: they offered examples, went into great detail as to how things worked, and also offered exercises for you to do(which I never done haha). They also had tutorial pieces on building apps with Swing and JavaFX and how to do other things with Java. All in all, they were really good.

You can always use freemium platforms to learn how to code. That can expand from Java up to whatever language the website has available. However, I believe reading programming from books is not as beneficial as it was back in the day, since now you have all this equipment to do it practically.
Sites like Codecademy are decent, I think, but only for web languages. When it comes to complex languages like C++ and Java, I think a good book or video tutorial/lecture are the best way to learn, or even a website that is dedicated purely to the language(learncpp.com comes to mind). Just because we have the ability to access content doesn't mean that the content will be good - that is up the publisher and whoever is editing to determine the quality of the book and make sure it's up to a certain standard.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom