Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

How to "position" and "size" a class object

jPaulB

Coder
Hi Everybody,

I have created a class called ".LogInBox"
It is a single-purpose container to allow a user to sign-in to a web site.

LogIn.jpg

My questions are:

• I need to control the size of the ".LogInBox" container. How do I do that?

• I would also like to manage where this box might appear on the html page. Can I do that?

• It would also be nice to allow a user to reposition the ".LogInBox" container, just as a Microsoft window can be moved around. Does that even make sense?

Many, many Thanks for even reading this inquiry,

Paul

As with any rectangle the size is done by assigning a height and a width.
Where it appears is done using margins and maybe floats. Hard to answer without your code.
This is a waste of time and totally unnecessary.
FYI - You should add a "join the community" to the box.

Hi OldMan,

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my inquiry.

If you wouldn't mind, I do not quite understand:
Where it appears is done using margins and maybe floats. Hard to answer without your code.
This is a waste of time and totally unnecessary.
I don't understand why it might be a waste of time and unnecessary.

Also, how would I add a "join the community"

Again, Many thanks for your time.
Paul

I don't understand why it might be a waste of time and unnecessary.
Have you ever joined or logged into a site? Do you need to move the box that shows up to log in?
All modern browsers have a "save passwords" or something similar so when you go to one of those sites and click the log-in button your name and password are entered automatically. No need to move things around.
Also, how would I add a "join the community"
Normally under the log-in words you should add in smaller letters: New to this site? Sign Up
Make the words Sign Up an anchor that goes to your sign-up page.

Using my quote: I made two statements, and answered one here, if you need clarification on positioning you need to give me your code with the miss-placed log-in box.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply, OldMan.
I retired about a year ago, and because I have about 50 hours a week to occupy myself I decided to learn HTML-CSS-PHP in order to make a web-site the way I Wanted to.
Besides, according to my wife the agreement was "For Better or Worse". NOT for Lunch.
So, thanks again.
And you're right, making my PopUp box "moveable" does look like a lot of effort and a huge waste of time.
So, Thanks again for the time you've spent helping me get up some speed.

Paul

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom