Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

netsavy006

Legendary Coder
There are 2 ways I know of that you can do to test linux.

Method 1:
Obtaining the ISO/Disc Image, burning it to a CD/DVD, telling the BIOS to boot off the CD/DVD first, then booting into the CD/DVD, and telling Linux you want to boot into live mode. (it may say something like "Try X without installing")

Method 2:
Downloading a Virtual Machine program, (such as Virtual Box) and creating a virtual machine for Linux. You would then install Linux on the virtual image.

I know this info isn't very detailed, but I wanted to share what I knew.

Downloading a Virtual Machine program, (such as Virtual Box) and creating a virtual machine for Linux. You would then install Linux on the virtual image.
Don't really have too much to sure as well. But perhaps using a USB and installing it on an old computer or you can use Vmware Workstation (I'm using this right now).

I once tried Lubuntu(I think it was 16.04) a few Months ago on Oracle VirtualBox. It was fun to try out a completely different Operating-System. The Reason I went with Lubuntu was because Ubuntu never seemed to work. I'm also pretty sure that when I was trying Lubuntu, the VM was pretty slow so that kind of ruined everything.

A few Months later, I burned Ubuntu to a USB-Stick, booted it up and tried it for a couple of hours. After those couple of hours, I had installed Ubuntu.

I would suggest that you just burn the Distro to whatever you're going to burn it to, either it be a Disc or USB. A VM is quite tricky to set-up(That's what I think of setting up a VM anyway) and sometimes, the VM won't even work.

I test out distros on old computers of mine. I guess it's not really "testing" if you fully remove Windows and install Linux, but for me my old computers are like digital playgrounds. I take them apart to upgrade some pieces, wipe &I install operating systems, etc.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom