Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS HTML&CSS FOR BEGINNERS

Nathan Asare

New Coder
Hello am new to coding but i've been taught to follow youtube tutorials to find my way out but it seems to be difficult for me.​
Can someone pls tell me any easier and faster way to learn more about coding html & css?​

That seems strange if someone told you to use YouTube for learning. Sure it can help sometimes, and you might even find a good tutorial once in a while, but in my experience most YouTube IT videos are utter crap (if you can understand the Indian speakers at all).
I would start with the HTML and CSS tutorials on w3schools.com. Some members here think less of these than I do, and will recommend alternative sites, but I always found them very helpful.

Heya,

So as cbreemer mentioned above, it's not a great idea to use YouTube tutorials for learning, especially programming. One thing that I always recommend to new developers is to avoid these as they will often get stuck into something known as "tutorial hell", where you're able to create projects following a YouTube tutorial. Still, then when it comes to creating your own project, it becomes next to impossible to find out where to start.

Personally, I do feel this is something that could be causing why you are struggling to understand HTML and CSS; however, another thing I've picked up on is that you're looking for a "faster" way of learning what you need to keep in mind is that when it comes to programming there is no "fast" way of doing things and rushing through concepts and learning will only leave you feeling lost and be the eventual reason you throw in the towel and give up.

Remember to take your time when learning, and do your best to understand concepts and topics; for example, learn the basics of HTML tags and then create a couple of fun projects where you just play around with the different tags and see how you can manipulate them to do special fancy things on your website.

Once you've done the above, move on to another topic and then do the same thing.

As for actually learning in a decent way, what I recommend is just to do some normal research on the basics of HTML first and then create some basic pages using those topics. The best way to learn to program isn't just by reading and watching tutorials but rather actually creating projects. Simple things like your own CV in the form of a website or even a clone of a popular website that you like to use.

By incorporating your learning into physical projects that you created in your free time, you become a vastly improved developer.

Remember to take your time, and don't rush through concepts because they are boring; jumping around and doing random concepts and not learning others is a surefire way to get nowhere quickly.

Below are a couple of websites I do recommend for learning the basics of web development.

W3Schools HTML -> https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
W3Schools CSS -> https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
CodeCademy -> https://www.codecademy.com/catalog/language/html-css

I also highly suggest taking a look at this article to help you set up VScode (this is an integrated development environment) that can be used to develop websites with far more ease compared to something like Notepad++

Good luck with your learning journey and let me know if you need anything else!

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom