Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript Iframe playlist

Adjehss

Coder
Im trying to load a playlist of videos and music into Iframe but i cant find any info on that subject on google.
Does anyone know how?

Hi there,

Welcome to Code Forum!

Something I would like to point out is to think of an iframe like a window. A window where you are looking into something. When you set up an iframe you are looking into another webpage or document without leaving the page you are on. Now you're trying to load a playlist of music and videos, could you provide more info on how you want to do this and the source?

I think I’m a bit confused still. You say you want to load a playlist - where is said playlist hosted? Is this through Spotify or YouTube? Or is it on your local host? Knowing where the playlist you want to embed is located will help us get you the right code! :)

I think I’m a bit confused still. You say you want to load a playlist - where is said playlist hosted? Is this through Spotify or YouTube? Or is it on your local host? Knowing where the playlist you want to embed is located will help us get you the right code! :)
the playlist would be located at localhost

Hi there,
Welcome to Code Forum!

Something I would like to point out is to think of an iframe like a window. A window where you are looking into something. When you set up an iframe you are looking into another webpage or document without leaving the page you are on. Now you're trying to load a playlist of music and videos, could you provide more info on how you want to do this and the source?
Thanks.. thats what im trying to find out i know its possible.

I agree with @LTomy - it might be easier for you to upload them to YouTube and them directly embed through YouTube's services, or use an iframe from there.
not what im trying im trying to embed both youtube embed urls and soundcloud embed urls for examble with a playlist i create

I do not think there are 'plug-and-play' options. I think you have to create the playlist by changing the content of the iframe using Javascript. Maybe other people know other options?

Are you looking for something similar to this?

Yeah, if it is only from one source, it is not too hard. I was talking about a playlist with content from different sources (Not only Youtube).

It must be possible, the question is more 'how'. As I said, the only way is probably to do it manually using JS. The problem is that it is not as simple as making a playlist from one source like Youtube.

Do you have a snippet of code from the way yout want to create the playlist display on your local-host? There might be a way to frame that directly, otherwise I think it'd have to be implemented manually with JS

Here is how I embedded a playlist in my portfolio. Customized, Reactive, floating, mediaplayerish !
HTML:
<div id="someclass"style="background-color:green;">
<div class="right">
<p style="transform:rotate(-90deg)";> My Spotify for you !</p>
<iframe id="someclass" class="iframe" src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/playlist/7EIydZXAW077eagV2Lw8u8?
utm_source=generator" width="100%" height="380" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""
allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" autoplay="autoplay">
</iframe>
</div>
</div>
<style>
.iframe {
opacity:0;
}
#someclass:hover .iframe:hover {
opacity:1;
}
#someclass {
border-radius: 25px 0px 0px 25px;
height: 380px;
width: 25px;
top: 20% !important;
right: 0 !important;
float: right;
position: fixed !important;
transition: width .7s ease-in-out;
-webkit-transition: width .7s ease-in-out;
overflow: hidden;
z-index: 100 !important;
color: #ffffff;
font-weight:500;
}
#someclass .right {
float: right;
width: 25px;
position: relative;
z-index: 10;
top:68%;
white-space: nowrap;
}
#someclass:hover {
border-radius: 25px 0px 0px 25px;
width: 380px;
top: 20% !important;
right: 0 !important;
float: left;
position: fixed !important;
transition: width .7s ease-in-out;
-webkit-transition: width .7s ease-in-out;
overflow: hidden;
z-index: 100 !important;
font-size:0px;
background:#000000;
box-shadow: 0 0 3px green;
}
</style>
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom