Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ForwardWeb - Branden

Well-Known Coder
inodes represent the amount of all the files located on your hosting account. account Any image file, video, HTML file, folder and script file are considered inodes so it is completely essential to know especially if the hosting is "unlimited" though it is rare i would hate for any of you to have your growth cut short as your site grows something to take note of that most people forget of on shared platforms also note that such limits simply exist to preserve network integrity and is in no way meant to cheat anyone unlimited simply means we do not monitor or police usage unless network stability is a issue as a result of said usage this is rare and is typically caused by abuse of a service or a compromise

Last edited:
Yeah @ForwardWeb - Branden I'm aware most of the time it's meant that no one monitors it (unless you reach the a serious amount, then it's terminated if you don't upgrade) but usually they do this on shared packages. I don't ever recommend going to any type of "unlimited anything" because if you know how much your getting it's more valuable because your guaranteed to be allotted that amount.

Well to be fair I made this post to open and honest and dispel misconceptions the company i work for and represent offers unlimited hosting but i believe we do it responsibly for example

We don't limit the amount of storage and bandwidth your site can use as long as it complies with our Hosting Agreement. Should your website bandwidth or storage usage present a risk to the stability, performance or uptime of our servers, we will notify you via email and you may be required to upgrade, or we may restrict the resources your website is using. It’s very rare that a website violates our Hosting Agreement and is typically only seen in sites that use hosting for file sharing or storage.
and we clearly state in out tos
Inode Limits All shared hosting plans are limited to 500,000 inodes. Each cPanel account owned by a reseller hosting plan is limited to 500,000 inodes. VPS plans do not have an inode limit.

so no not all unlimited hosts are bad you just have to know what to look for

Last edited:
Well to be fair I made this post to open and honest and dispel misconceptions the company i work for and represent offers unlimited hosting but i believe we do it responsibly for example

We don't limit the amount of storage and bandwidth your site can use as long as it complies with our Hosting Agreement. Should your website bandwidth or storage usage present a risk to the stability, performance or uptime of our servers, we will notify you via email and you may be required to upgrade, or we may restrict the resources your website is using. It’s very rare that a website violates our Hosting Agreement and is typically only seen in sites that use hosting for file sharing or storage.
and we clearly state in out tos
Inode Limits All shared hosting plans are limited to 500,000 inodes. Each cPanel account owned by a reseller hosting plan is limited to 500,000 inodes. VPS plans do not have an inode limit.

so no not all unlimited hosts are bad you just have to know what to look for

I agree not all are bad it can just be a red flag if you don't know what your looking for. Some really do offer a decent amount of space on unlimited. It's just the picky ones that want your site to remain small that you should see a red flag about and not use them. However your site for example I'm sure is a good one. Not all unlimited hosts are bad I know this, it's just part of a red flag if you don't know what to look for.

Unlimited is sort of deceiving. It's more like an "all you can eat buffet". Truly unlimited hosting cannot exist.

Well, aside from Homer Simpson, who can actually eat forever at a buffet? ;)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom