Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Issue with PHPStorm

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

PHPStorm Version: PhpStorm 2019.1.2
Build: #PS-191.7141.52

I'm currently developing a basic website template on my laptop using PHPStorm and XAMPP. It seems that every time I edit my .css file, it converts the .css file to PhpStorm file and whenever I click save and try to view the changes, it doesn't convert the file back. Therefore not applying the new changes to the website.

Is there a way to fix this? Or can I edit the file without it converting the file?

An example: Text file stylesheet.css correct, stylesheet JetBrains incorrect.

It's weird now - if I go to 127.0.0.1 it works and I can see changes being reflected. But if I got back to localhost, it doesn't show the changes..

Looks like you didn't create a project. Not 100% sure if this is the case but it seems like your editing each file standalone. You need to create a project to host all of your files at the same time.

every time I edit my .css file, it converts the .css file to PhpStorm file

This is likely not a converted stylesheet but rather the usual ".iml" project file that stores project settings.
You can double-check this by unchecking "Hide extensions for known filetypes" in Windows' "Folder- and Search Options".

But if I got back to localhost, it doesn't show the changes..

This sounds like your browser still has the old CSS file cached.
Try opening both sites in an Incognito tab, or check "Disable Cache" in the Network tab of your browser's devtools.

I do have a project - what I did was the day I setup PhpStorm I imported the my website templates as a project.

This is likely not a converted stylesheet but rather the usual ".iml" project file that stores project settings.
You can double-check this by unchecking "Hide extensions for known filetypes" in Windows' "Folder- and Search Options".
I tried this thinking that maybe the program hides it as I read that PHPStorm May create a temporary file while you’re editing, but I don’t think this is the case.

But just a heads up, I am able to see the reflected changes if I use 127.0.0.1 just not localhost.

This sounds like your browser still has the old CSS file cached.
Try opening both sites in an Incognito tab, or check "Disable Cache" in the Network tab of your browser's devtools.
It honestly sounds like this. Thought the same but disregarded it, guess it’s good to try to everything - I’ll give this a go when I get back to my computer! Thanks :)

Edit: This worked! I can see the changes! :D

Last edited:

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom