Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript Javascript errors notifier extension for Chrome and Edge - This extension violates the Chrome Web Store

robin3108

New Coder
Hi All
I am new to the forum today so please be gentle
My test team have been using the Javascript Errors Notifier 3.1.5 extension for Chrome and Edge because it allows any errors to be shown on the same page as the application. Recently due to one of the Chrome updates we now get an error when trying to run

JavaScript Errors Notifier 3.5.1
This extension violates the Chrome Web Store
ID: jafmfknfnkoekkdocjiaipcnmkklaajd
inspect views background.html

Reading another forum post it looks like some changes broke it recently

Does Anyone know if there is a good JavaScript Errors notifier plugin/extension for Chrome, Edge I can use as an alternative please?
Thanks in advance for your help

JavaScript Errors Notifier 4 is new and live here JavaScript Errors Notifier,
Interesting. I added it to Chrome and put a deliberate error in my page:
JavaScript:
<script>
foo.innerHtml = "foo bar";
</script>
The error is duly reported in the Console:
Uncaught ReferenceError: foo is not defined
at frut.html:42:1
however the extension says
There are no errors on this page :)
What's up ?

Interesting. I added it to Chrome and put a deliberate error in my page:
JavaScript:
<script>
foo.innerHtml = "foo bar";
</script>
The error is duly reported in the Console:

however the extension says

What's up ?
Can you try it again? It may have been that it was a very early build. I had to work through a lot of issues in the conversion to manifest v3.

I get the below with your script test. Also, check that it's set to error on all domains or at least where you are hosting the site. 1682998988188.png

1682998923058.png

Ah, thanks. Actually I just removed it yesterday, having decided I will not use it (F12 works for me). Also I got a bit annoyed constantly seeing that red icon 😉 But I'm sure it works fine now, and perhaps I did not have that checkbox ticked.

Back
Top Bottom