Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript Javascript form calculation?

05admay

Coder
Hi Guys,

I need help with this calculation, im designing a form for a client that needs a MAX PRICE between two values. I'm using the javascript below but this makes each quantity 250, I need it so its a maximum of 250 Upto 24999 and then ill do another value between 25000 up to 29999 and the price would be 275.

JavaScript:
if([item-417_quantity]<24999){
  [price]=250
}

I'll appreciate anyone's help, Thanks guys!!

I don't really understand this sentence, could you please explain a bit more?
Hi Johna,

Sorry. The price of the service is $250. upto a value of <24,999, then increases to $275 from between >25,000 upto <29,999. I need this calculation in java, currently the calculation i've used, stops at 24,999 like i want but each 1 equals $250.

Hope this makes more sense :)

I don't really understand this sentence, could you please explain a bit more?
As you can see in the screenshot, my current code is making each 1 quantity £250 Upto 24,999 in that top slider but needs to be $250 total, currently in the screenshot, its working out at 10,000 X $250

Attachments

• Screenshot (349).png
    Screenshot (349).png
    139.9 KB · Views: 3
Something like this?
JavaScript:
if (quantity < 25000) {
  var price = 250 * quantity;
} else if (quantity < 30000) {
  var price = 275 * quantity;
}

Something like this?
JavaScript:
if (quantity < 25000) {
  var price = 250 * quantity;
} else if (quantity < 30000) {
  var price = 275 * quantity;
}
Yes, something like that but unfortunately it didn't work, I even tried this code as well, as I thought it may be to do with the form values but still not luck.

JavaScript:
if (item-417_quantity < 25000) {
[price] =([item-417_price])= 250;
} else if (item-417_quantity < 30000) {
[price] =([item-417_price])= 275;
}

Attachments

• Screenshot (354).png
    Screenshot (354).png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
JavaScript:
item-417
is referring to the form item/field.

JavaScript:
_quantity
Should be the amount stated within the field.

If
JavaScript:
item-417
Quantity is <25000, then total price is 250

Apologies for being a pain :cry::whistle: I've attached another screenshot, of a working calculation for multiplying two fields together, I hope this will help with understanding the structure :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (361).png
    Screenshot (361).png
    29 KB · Views: 2
JavaScript:
([item-3_price]/2) * [item-1_quantity]
This part is being multiplied, not [item-3_quantity]

From what I understand [item-3_quantity] is a variable?

Ok, so re-reading your question, I think this is what you mean, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • You have an item that you're selling, let's say they're teddy bears.
  • If you buy 24,999 or less, each teddy bear costs $250, and the total price costs 250 multiplied by the number of teddy bears.
  • If you buy 25,000 up to 30,000, each teddy bear costs $275, and the total price costs 275 multiplied by the number of teddy bears.
  • You can't buy more than 30,000 teddy bears.
  • Now you're writing a function to calculate the total price of all the teddy bears the customer is buying
  • In your function, you have a variable [item-417_quantity] which is the number of teddy bears
  • You also have a variable [price], which is the price of each teddy bear

First rename your variables, because variable names can only contain letters, numbers, underscores and dollar signs. You have 3 unallowed characters in you variable: [, - and ].

JavaScript:
if (quantity < 25000) {         //
  var price = 250 * quantity;   //
} else if (quantity < 30000) {  //  replace quantity and price with your variables
  var price = 275 * quantity;   //
}                               //
If this still doesn't work, then could you post some more of your code? Are you getting any errors in the console?

Last edited:
Hi Johna, First can I say thank you so much for being so much help, it really is appreciated, your a diamond 😊

Close- if the teddy bears value is between 0 to 25,000 the price of the teddy bear is $250 total (maximum).

The below code works for the first two in between values but each $1 of teddy bear value, the price is $250, I need it to not go above $250 total price between the values.

JavaScript:
if ([item-417_quantity] < 25000) {
[price] = 250
}

Hi Johna, First can I say thank you so much for being so much help, it really is appreciated, your a diamond 😊

Close- if the teddy bears value is between 0 to 25,000 the price of the teddy bear is $250 total (maximum).

The below code works for the first two in between values but each $1 of teddy bear value, the price is $250, I need it to not go above $250 total price between the values.

JavaScript:
if ([item-417_quantity] < 25000) {
[price] = 250
}
So if the total is $250, does that mean each is $0.01?

It's a car insurance form, so the slider i'm currently trying these calculations on is for the user to give a value of their car and the cost for insurance is depending on the value of the car. so cars upto 24,999 in value will cost $250. hope this makes more sense.

If it's like that, they why doesn't this work, have you checked the console for any errors?
JavaScript:
if (quantity < 25000) {         //
  var price = 250 * quantity;   //
} else if (quantity < 30000) {  //  replace quantity and price with your variables
  var price = 275 * quantity;   //
}                               //

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom