I am new to the forums, and although I have done web design in HTML, Java Script and CGI it has been awhile, about 20 years in fact. I have don very little with CSS. Please bear with me as I will likely have several questions. I do have extensive experience with Visual Basic, I have had Java and C# classes but that is where it ended. So I at least have the foundations for scripting and programming
I have a self housed Ubuntu 23 server running Apache.
I am using server side includes so my index file currently has the extension .shtml. However when I attempt to load my site I can't just enter mysite.com into the address bar. Doing so I get a directory listing (like running dir in Windows command prompt or ls in Linux terminal). I have to enter mysite,com/index.shtml instead. What would be the easiest way to remedy this?
I was thinking of creating an index.html file then have it redirect to index.shtml. However I do not know the proper way to do this. Is there a better way?
Anybody have any ideas.
Thank You
I have a self housed Ubuntu 23 server running Apache.
I am using server side includes so my index file currently has the extension .shtml. However when I attempt to load my site I can't just enter mysite.com into the address bar. Doing so I get a directory listing (like running dir in Windows command prompt or ls in Linux terminal). I have to enter mysite,com/index.shtml instead. What would be the easiest way to remedy this?
I was thinking of creating an index.html file then have it redirect to index.shtml. However I do not know the proper way to do this. Is there a better way?
Anybody have any ideas.
Thank You
