Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

pfaber1

Coder
Hi I'm very new to Lua and am struggling to produce an exe file . could somebody please point me in the right direction with as much detail as possible . Your help will be much appreciated .

Solution
I have stopped using luape as it only supports lua 5.1 and thus no goto or labels . I am now using srlua with lua 5.3 as I am using zerobrane and It only goes upto lua 5.3 at the moment . Hope they upgrade soon so I can although I'm new to this I do program in Basic AGK so It's not like I'm new to programming . Been doing this for a few years and I think from the Lua code I have seen is similar to Basic so I'm hoping to pretty much jump straight into it . I had a look at Lua about 6 months ago but could not find a way to produce an exe but that is now sorted.
Hi I have found something that appears to work and produce an exe file . It is a piece of software called Luape.exe and turns lua files into exe files . It is available on sourceforge for free and github . Best of luck to you all.

I have a problem with luape.exe in that it will not compile a label in lua e.g ::help:: . I'm trying to find something else to use like luatastic but I cannot get it to work. Can anybody offer some help, it would be appreciated . Thanks

I have stopped using luape as it only supports lua 5.1 and thus no goto or labels . I am now using srlua with lua 5.3 as I am using zerobrane and It only goes upto lua 5.3 at the moment . Hope they upgrade soon so I can although I'm new to this I do program in Basic AGK so It's not like I'm new to programming . Been doing this for a few years and I think from the Lua code I have seen is similar to Basic so I'm hoping to pretty much jump straight into it . I had a look at Lua about 6 months ago but could not find a way to produce an exe but that is now sorted.

Solution
Back
Top Bottom