Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Make forum theme responsive

meetdilip

Well-Known Coder
I am not sure whether this comes under PHP. I am trying to make a non-responsive MyBB theme responsive. I am trying to do that with the default theme. But if that is difficult, I will try make a new one. Since I learned PHP but never practised it, I do not know how I can do it without help. The theme is there. Would using a framework like Bootstrap help ? Thanks.

I always remember this forum when I think of coding. :+1:

Are you familiar with forum software ? Any idea where to begin ? I can do the front end easily. Not sure where to begin when it comes to converting it into a theme.

Doing an HTML + CSS front end is easy. I am not sure what to do next to make it a theme.
Coming from experience, MyBB has plenty of themes (a few Bootstrap ones, too) that you can install and dive into the CSS/HTML and tweak it to your custom needs. I'd suggest using Inspect Element to make changes live. The more you do that, the easier it will be to understand CSS/HTML themes and how each individual software works. :)

There are not many responsive themes available. Only a couple of them now.

I am trying to understand how to add responsiveness to a theme which is not responsive. I have managed to do the necessary HTML and CSS changes.

Ok. If I have an HTML + CSS design, I can convert it to a responsive theme ? the question is how :)
Think of a responsive theme as using the same elements (HTML + CSS) but with each element being designed in such a way it can adapt and fill the shape of the device's screen.

If you're converting a non-responsive theme to a responsive one, you'd want to start with the elements that are causing the biggest "issues" for you - particularly ones that are causing page breaks. A good place to start is the Header, Footer and containers for the forum list and work from there.

As some others have mentioned too, I highly recommend the Bootstrap framework for your theme. If you aren't too sentimental about your current theme, you could look at using a basic BS theme such as one of these https://webflake.sx/files/category/129-themes/

Moderation note: I've moved this thread to the HTML & CSS section

Last edited:

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom