Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

C++ McAfee quarantines simple code

Sin74

Coder
Hi,
I'm attempting to learn C++ using Dev-C++. When trying to run a simple "Hello World" with a name input prompt, McAfee keeps quarantining the file. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks.

Solution
Hi,
I'm attempting to learn C++ using Dev-C++. When trying to run a simple "Hello World" with a name input prompt, McAfee keeps quarantining the file. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks.
Hi there,

Great question. This issue happened a lot when I started to learn C++/C#. You will need to tell McAfee to ignore the program you are trying to make. I believe ignoring the IDE will do the trick, but I could be wrong. But here's a great resource from McAfee: https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS100813&page=shell&shell=article-view it goes through how to stop McAfee from blocking apps and devices on Windows machines.

Let me know if that helped!
Hi,
Thanks.
Hi there,

Great question. This issue happened a lot when I started to learn C++/C#. You will need to tell McAfee to ignore the program you are trying to make. I believe ignoring the IDE will do the trick, but I could be wrong. But here's a great resource from McAfee: https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS100813&page=shell&shell=article-view it goes through how to stop McAfee from blocking apps and devices on Windows machines.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi there,

Great question. This issue happened a lot when I started to learn C++/C#. You will need to tell McAfee to ignore the program you are trying to make. I believe ignoring the IDE will do the trick, but I could be wrong. But here's a great resource from McAfee: https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS100813&page=shell&shell=article-view; it goes through how to stop McAfee from blocking apps and devices on Windows machines.

I think the better question is... what are you really trying to do with your code lol. McAfee, or any other AV/antimalware will only flag code that may have a signature similar to any known virus/malware...

I think the better question is... what are you really trying to do with your code lol. McAfee, or any other AV/antimalware will only flag code that may have a signature similar to any known virus/malware...
Haha, that's a secret. 😝 I normally got the security alert because the program or application was considered "Unknown Publisher". This could also be why @Sin74 keeps getting a security alert.

Hi there,

Great question. This issue happened a lot when I started to learn C++/C#. You will need to tell McAfee to ignore the program you are trying to make. I believe ignoring the IDE will do the trick, but I could be wrong. But here's a great resource from McAfee: https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS100813&page=shell&shell=article-view; it goes through how to stop McAfee from blocking apps and devices on Windows machines.

I've tried a few times since last night. Windows 10 laptop, iPhone, and iPad. That article won't load.

Code:
//Hello World
/*Sin74*/
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
    string name;
    cout << "Please enter your name: " << endl;
    cin >> name;
    cout << "Hello, " << name << endl;
}

If that's a virus, imagine what I could do if I actually knew anything. :D

It should work now. There was a pesky semi-colon at the end of the link which broke the hyperlink.
I'm almost embarrassed. I feel like I should have noticed that. I used to be so into the web coding and trouble-shooting my employer's site back then. I've lost a lot. :(

Anyway, that seems to have done the trick. McAfee had no comment this time. Thanks!

I'm almost embarrassed. I feel like I should have noticed that. I used to be so into the web coding and trouble-shooting my employer's site back then. I've lost a lot. :(

Anyway, that seems to have done the trick. McAfee had no comment this time. Thanks!
Haha it's all good, it happens from time to time with me! Happy this helped you resolve your issue! :)

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom