Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Neat little html/css/js/php Tool for Web Development you can get for free if your in school

TopSilver

Bronze Coder
Just wanted to post a neat little tool for web development that will help anyone learn. The reason I'm posting this in a new thread is because it has Live Preview capabilities which for me it's not a big factor because I'm good at html and css so I do not need this but for someone just starting out who is new to html and css this is a very important tool and will help you vastly in the future.

You can enable live preview which apart from live reload (its not the same) this one actually literally has live preview, live as it can be. This IDE supports html, css, js, php, node js and all the popular js frameworks including angular. Also supports all the pre-processors for CSS such as SASS or LESS. Comes with automatic error checking for everything (including the frameworks and pre-processors! :O)

It's basically a developers gold mind. Stop using Notepad++ and switch to PhpStorm!

You can try out a 30 day free trial. And if your in school or have proof with a .edu email address or other means you actually get their all products pack absolutely free of charge for a year! And you just have to keep renewing the .edu proof each year to keep getting it free. Their all products pack includes IDEs for Java, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Python, Ruby, Mobile Apps... etc

What originally got me interested in this was the preview. Yes by all means if it's light work use Sublime Text but you will learn loads just by the simply error checking it has. Let me know what you think

Thanks for sharing! I have added PHPStorm to https://codeforum.org/threads/helpful-tools-and-resources.53/.

I've seen you mention PHPStorm a few times around CodeForum and MindPiff, when I get some time I'll try it out.

How much is PHPStorm after 30-day trial?

It's $89 your first year/ $71 the second year/ and $53 third years on. However each time you purchase a full year, you get what they call a perpetual fallback license. So basically the version that's out when you buy it you get a permanent license for. When your year is finished, if you don't want to purchase a further year you still have a permanent license, but you must downgrade to the version that was out when you had purchased it. So basically your just paying yearly for updates. You get the version that's out when you buy it forever and just must downgrade if you don't want updates after the year is over.

Also be sure to look at the tab that says "for individual use" and not "for organizations" because the price you first see when you click buy is for business and it can be confusing. It's much cheaper for individual use.

I believe the company who developers PHPStorm "JetBrains" develop other software that supports different languages.

Just wanted to post a neat little tool for web development that will help anyone learn. The reason I'm posting this in a new thread is because it has Live Preview capabilities which for me it's not a big factor because I'm good at html and css so I do not need this but for someone just starting out who is new to html and css this is a very important tool and will help you vastly in the future.

You can enable live preview which apart from live reload (its not the same) this one actually literally has live preview, live as it can be. This IDE supports html, css, js, php, node js and all the popular js frameworks including angular. Also supports all the pre-processors for CSS such as SASS or LESS. Comes with automatic error checking for everything (including the frameworks and pre-processors! :O)

It's basically a developers gold mind. Stop using Notepad++ and switch to PhpStorm!

You can try out a 30 day free trial. And if your in school or have proof with a .edu email address or other means you actually get their all products pack absolutely free of charge for a year! And you just have to keep renewing the .edu proof each year to keep getting it free. Their all products pack includes IDEs for Java, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Python, Ruby, Mobile Apps... etc

What originally got me interested in this was the preview. Yes by all means if it's light work use Sublime Text but you will learn loads just by the simply error checking it has. Let me know what you think

Thanks for sharing!

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom