Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need guidance

Sabbir

New Coder
I'm Razaul from BD. I have spent many futile hours on decide which sector will be best for me - WordPress developer Vs full stack web developer.I have skill on Html, CSS, jQuery, WordPress costomization. I have built 20+ website using page builder Elemontor and Divi on WordPress. But, I'm feared the future of WordPress workplace. I have total future 2 years to develop my self. Which sector will be best for future with a decent amount of earning and job security?

Thank you.

The nice thing is, there can be a lot of overlap between being a Wordpress developer and a full stack developer. I work with Wordpress and have to do it all, theme development, plugin development, etc. So, I would say focus on Wordpress but branch out and do more than just customizing themes, experiment with plugins and more of the back end aspects. The nice thing is, Wordpress is so popular it isn't going anywhere.

Also, check out Sage for Wordpress. It's a modern theme framework that really makes working with Wordpress themes more modern. It also adds support for the Laravel Blade template engine into Wordpress. It's a good stepping stone if you want to go on to more full stack, which you can do by learning Laravel down the line.

I think with Wordpress + Laravel you would have a good skillset where you could do both front and back end, so you would be full stack but also have Wordpress experience. You might use both Wordpress and Laravel, each has its uses.

But, I'm feared the future of WordPress workplace.
Do you care to expand on what fears you have? I work as a fulltime WordPress developer and try to think about its future as well, but then I get distracted by a client request or a new plugin idea that can be built!

All kidding aside this is a healthy think to really think about and my answer is to just become the best developer possible. WordPress devs tend to not get taken seriously because of the low barrier to entry, but those who are seriously proficient at it and can deliver amazing results have all the wealth in the world awaiting them. In other words, specialize > generalize, put your fears aside, and you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom