Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

News App

D

Deleted member 65

Does anyone know how to make a news app? Need some help getting started.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have started too many News-Sites now. Don't think I haven't seen them all because I have seen them all. And I will continue to see these "News Sites" of yours until you stop making them.

I mean, this Site has a stretched-out Logo, only 1 Board, the Link to the Members-Area doesn't even work and all you've posted are Links to News-Articles and Videos in a short-span of time.

Like come on. You can do better than this. Now I'm not trying to be rude here but your presence here on CodeForum.org seems more of a place for you to get Ideas for things like a Music-App, News-Site and a bunch of other stuff. And you know what. They are all ridiculous Ideas that you cannot achieve. I have seen you in 3 Websites:
  • ForumPromotion.net
  • AdminLoop
  • CodeForum.org
And to be honest, I'm getting quite sick of seeing your Sites popping up everywhere. You don't put a single bit of effort into them. You said you love HTML on your Introductory-Post and your Sites haven't involved a single bit of HTML or an Idea that can be achieved with HTML. All you've did is ask for help on things you won't be able to achieve.

So either go and pick up a Programming-Book or a get a Course(E.g. CodeCademy) and actually learn to Code. Then come back when you've learned a bit about Programming and don't ask for help on stupid Ideas.

And you know what. Stop making so many damn Websites. It's getting on my damn Nerves ever since you joined FP and continued to make Websites that all look the same over and over and over again. So again, learn a Programming-Language and come back afterwards or delete your Account and don't come back. This is not a Webmaster-Forum. ForumPromotion.net is. Not CodeForum.org

Hey man, obviously you are frustrated with Weboogle because yes, he has made many websites. And it's understandable that you are frustrated about this because they are all very similar. In this thread he's saying he released a local news station, but he released a free forum that is used for posting news. So yeah, the title of his thread here is pretty misleading. It's not a local news station. However, I think we shouldn't be so quick to criticize him. We have no idea how old Weboogle is, what their actual experience is, or what they are doing behind the scenes. Even if he doesn't know HTML and makes a lot of similar websites, I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate to be hounding him to delete his account and leave. I also don't remember a rule saying you have to know a programming language to be here at CF.

All I'm saying is if Weboogle is breaking rules, I'm sure Malcolm will intervene, and if Weboogle wants to leave then that's on him, but it's not the best idea to criticize other members and tell them to delete their account. Even if I agree with a lot of your points, I think there's a better way to go about it than to respond in the way you did.

Here’s the link: News5.unaux.com
Weboogle, I checked out your page. I am a little confused.
You said it is a local news station, but you are covering several countries... Canada, India, France, Pakistan, USA, and more.
It is more of an international news site, not a local one.
Along with that, I don't know if this is really a news station. It seems to be more of a news forum where users can share links or videos in one section.
I have seen your other news forums & I think you should put them all together to make one forum. None of them seem to actually be news stations, but they all are pretty much the same - One (or maybe a few) section where you just post a bunch of threads with a link to an article or a video embed. I don't see any discussions going on, and a lot of times the news is not related to each other.

I think you should merge all of your sites into one forum so you can focus on one project. I think you need to be truthful in your thread titles & site names by making sure visitors know that you do not have any news stations, you have news forums. I think you should focus on making a unique theme for your site & getting members to your sites.

I hope this advice helps, but I am still curious about my questions before. I see you are using a forum software for this, so that answers one of my questions - What plugins or programming language(s) are you using to help transform your forum into a news station (live TV, RSS, blog, social media, etc) ?

I have made a ton of websites, following a design format. A lot of people can’t do what I do. Behind the scenes: I’m working on stuff that no one on this site knows about. SecretIO projects.

I have made a ton of websites, following a design format. A lot of people can’t do what I do. Behind the scenes: I’m working on stuff that no one on this site knows about. SecretIO projects.
Nice, that's good to have a consistent style & secrecy is part of the game :)
I only publicize projects when I am ready to, and barely mention them unless I know I can show off Version 1(or whatever) soon.

We're here to help if you need anything though :)

What do you mean by that?

Nobody cares if you've made a ton of Websites. And may I ask what Design-Format has your Sites followed? And to be honest, I think a lot of us here can still do what you do. You seem to be over-exaggerating on that one there. I'm quite interested to see what these "SecretIO Projects" are.

Do any of you watch local news and how often? Just asking.
I don't really watch the News on TV. Right now, it's always about Brexit and the new PM and it's really boring hearing about it all.

I prefer to read the News online. I mainly read Technology-Related News. As of course, Tech is what I'm into. I mainly read/watch The Verge but I do occasionally read/watch other News-Sources.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom