Suggestion Off Topic Forum

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Jan 2, 2018
Canada
codeforum.org
Once I get this moderation policy out and is approved by the community I may modify rules so that General Discussions is to be used as tech related discussions only.

I wanna stay away from off topic forums as I strictly want it to be coding/tech related.

Code_Block

Active Coder
May 24, 2019
github.com
I do agree with @Malcolm on this matter.

I think it would be great to modify the Rules of the Community Hub and dedicate to just general-stuff about Technology and Programming. And besides, there's literally a General-Discussion Board on every Forum and they provide nothing interesting. You'll even find them on Sites like CodeForum, ForumPromotion and a bunch of other Forums. All they're there for is to provide a place for Users to chat about anything, even on a Forum in which general chit-chats wouldn't fit-in.

Reactions: Malcolm

Joshua Farrell

New Coder
Jun 11, 2019
If the general talk board is used as a free for all discussion board, people who signup to help or get help, might end up spending more time there than on the rest of the forum. I like the idea of the general board being more tech related in it's discussions, as it will allow people to discuss things that relate to the forum, without going too far off track.